Active Topics

Notices

Just tried the app, UI is great (though maybe add a type-to-search function as well?). Very useful idea because I think everyone has dictionaries riddled with typo's.

So I mark everything I'd like to delete, click delete selected and hit the save changes button. It say it's saved the file. Then I, for example, begin a new SMS. The SMS UI crashes with an error saying "internal error" as soon as I type one letter (which is when the file is read I suppose). Then I reopen the SMS UI, and the words still pop up. So I tried rebooting, but the words are still there. Strangely enough, the words don't occur in the list in the app anymore.

So what happend? Perhaps when I type the first letter it crashes because it does not have a valid file, and it restores the old one or something?

This is with p1.2, set to Dutch. I tried with the dual dictionary setting and without, same result.

In short, great idea but unfortunately it does not work for me.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
I don't know if this is the right app, I'm just putting it out there.

Ever since I modified the dictionary, hildon-input-method randomly crashes, pegging the CPU. Can I reset auto-complete to zero, for testing purposes? Can I just use rm on that file up there? Or should I copy it over and replace?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by barttech View Post
Just tried the app, UI is great (though maybe add a type-to-search function as well?). Very useful idea because I think everyone has dictionaries riddled with typo's.

So I mark everything I'd like to delete, click delete selected and hit the save changes button. It say it's saved the file. Then I, for example, begin a new SMS. The SMS UI crashes with an error saying "internal error" as soon as I type one letter (which is when the file is read I suppose). Then I reopen the SMS UI, and the words still pop up. So I tried rebooting, but the words are still there. Strangely enough, the words don't occur in the list in the app anymore.

So what happend? Perhaps when I type the first letter it crashes because it does not have a valid file, and it restores the old one or something?

This is with p1.2, set to Dutch. I tried with the dual dictionary setting and without, same result.

In short, great idea but unfortunately it does not work for me.
That all sounds rather odd. It's still suggesting words that don't appear in the list in the app? Do all the words show up correctly in the app (with correct accents, etc) or is anything corrupted or missing?

If you have the time, could you please follow the instructions here and send me a copy of a dictionary file with a few entries?

Originally Posted by ndi View Post
I don't know if this is the right app, I'm just putting it out there.

Ever since I modified the dictionary, hildon-input-method randomly crashes, pegging the CPU. Can I reset auto-complete to zero, for testing purposes? Can I just use rm on that file up there? Or should I copy it over and replace?
You can just remove (either delete or move elsewhere) the files in /home/user/.osso/dictionaries, then either reboot or kill hildon-input-method. If it is this causing the problem, would it be possible to send me a copy of the file?

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
I'll try to locate the issue and, should it be related to the dictionary, I'll report back with a copy. Just wanted to check if this is a known problem.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Love this app! One small request:

Would it be possible to tell from the dictionary where new adds started? I would love to be able to look at a list of just new words it's learned since the last time I used the app. That would make it so much easier to work with. I find often about 70% or more of the new words it's learned are typos, but that's only about 5% of the total words. If I could just see the new words I could select them all, then unselect the few I want to keep.

Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Love this app! One small request:

Would it be possible to tell from the dictionary where new adds started? I would love to be able to look at a list of just new words it's learned since the last time I used the app. That would make it so much easier to work with. I find often about 70% or more of the new words it's learned are typos, but that's only about 5% of the total words. If I could just see the new words I could select them all, then unselect the few I want to keep.
Currently the app sorts all entries in alphabetical order. I don't think the order in the original file is related to when it's added either - it looks to be ordered according to when entries were last used (so the oldest entries can be expired when the dictionary becomes full).

Originally Posted by ndi View Post
I'll try to locate the issue and, should it be related to the dictionary, I'll report back with a copy. Just wanted to check if this is a known problem.
It's not anything I've seen before, no. I've had corrupt files fail to be loaded (causing auto-complete to stop working) but I've not had anything affect the CPU load.

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 227 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turkey
Can you add multi language support for it? I am using tr_CY (turkish-l10n community pkg) and app doesn't even start because of it. It should revert back to English, instead of closing itself.

Originally Posted by Aranel View Post
Can you add multi language support for it? I am using tr_CY (turkish-l10n community pkg) and app doesn't even start because of it. It should revert back to English, instead of closing itself.
Can you try running it from X Terminal (python /opt/AutoCompleteEditor/AutoCompleteEditor.py) and see whether it gives any useful error messages? I'll have a look at adding multi-language support (I did have a brief look recently but the obvious methods weren't working), but I don't know why it wouldn't just display in English.