Closed Thread
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
About the second one, you flashed back to the stock kernel :/
From your logs:
Code:
[   20.667785] misc iphb: Module registered in 2.6.28-omap1, built Apr 15 2010 09:48:35
oO ooh I know what happened. multiboot.

ok , sandisk 8 is working now. Gonna check second flashdrive.
[Added] also works.

Last edited by aligatro; 2010-09-24 at 23:14.

I just ordered adaptor so I'll join to test asap.
Great job, it was only thing i missing in this device.

Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
As I posted before, I got it to work as expected, but since I use FCam from time to time and that drivers dosent work with hostmode kernel, so I reverted. Also I use OC to run a few PSX games to run smooth. but I will follow this thread, but I suggest this gets implemented in Kernel-Power. that way you get both world, that would be something to show your friends

Do you guys think this will ever be an ordinary and simple app?

Also: Great job man! :-)

Originally Posted by WillianWives View Post
Do you guys think this will ever be an ordinary and simple app?

Also: Great job man! :-)
it's kinda already is.

The Following User Says Thank You to aligatro For This Useful Post:
can we use wlan usb host mod on this ? or its jjust hard driver host ?

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
Hi Guys,

i tried to get the host mode kernel working but I'm having some problems.
I'm working with multiboot so I left out the installation of the flasher.
Instead I extracted the kernel image from the deb-package and put in into /boot/multiboot and added an appropriate item file for multiboot.
When I try to start with the kernel i get the white Nokia screen and after a few seconds the phone shuts off. When I switch it on again i get the same, not even the multiboot screen. I have to use flasher to reflash the kernel.
What's going on here? I'd really like to try hostmode.

Regards
Aydan

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
A little update:
after reflashing the PR1.2 kernel with the flasher and then selecting the power40 kernel it won't boot either. It will only boot with the PR1.2 kernel. Booting the power kernel will exhibit the same behaviour like booting the hostmode kernel.

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Aydan View Post
A little update:
after reflashing the PR1.2 kernel with the flasher and then selecting the power40 kernel it won't boot either. It will only boot with the PR1.2 kernel. Booting the power kernel will exhibit the same behaviour like booting the hostmode kernel.
Had that same problem with multiboot as you... played with multiboot yesterday and no success here either I found that when i flashed the kernel only (omap1) i had to boot the default one first (omap1) and then do a reboot to power40 to make it work otherwise i ended up in the Nokia splash screen and no multiboot option screen, then after some time it turned off Flexxxv wrote a small guide on how to make it work with multiboot a few pages back Easy to do...

The guide works and you can boot into hostmode1 from multiboot, i'm not sure that if you do a reboot to another kernel and then back to hostmode that it will boot or go into Nokia splash screen and then nothing and then shot off? I think you need to flash the hostmode1 kernel before rebooting everytime you want to use the usb option. Note that after trying usb mode you can't charge your phone and you need to boot into another kernel to charge at the mom

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Last edited by Dousan; 2010-09-25 at 10:30.

Closed Thread