Active Topics

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Is that so? After failing to do optification at first boot, will Maemo attempt it on second boot, again, instead of just leaving you with log about failure and no opt?
/Estel
Yes it will try once again. I flashed my broken n900 several times and it's works.
Originally Posted by badro_ron10
ok how to adjust the partition sizes with Gparted. later,,whats gparted i told u im new to this lol and if u can tell me how i adjust the partition for 8 gb abd 16 gb micro sd
Man, you can use any program. On windows I prefer this(it's free).
Originally Posted by badro_ron10
also i saw some ppl here saying that they use another procedure that make everything work even skype call and txt and contacts ?whats that procedure n how they do it
With this skype works but after first boot put rootsh on your sd card and install it.
Originally Posted by badro_ron10 View Post
ALSO I HAVE A PROBLEM,,u know that n900 emmc broken got just like 250 mb as internal memory but i have it all full just 1kb empty even i have nothing installed on my n900 no applications just rootsh and it was empty before how i clean it
Don't try connect to internet after flash.

Last edited by elros34; 2013-04-18 at 21:27.

ok man but the problem is that my the fone wont flashed i got an error everytime i try flash it ,,when i try vanilla the error is * error no suitable device us found ...waiting*
and try flashing fiasco i got error = * m*
this why i try the method of use micro sd card as internal memory that dont need a flash lol

You can still edit mmc_id file but if you can't flash it's very dangerous.
Remember to disable nokia pc suite before flashing.

Last edited by elros34; 2013-04-21 at 19:32.

Originally Posted by elros34 View Post
You can still edit mmc_id file but if you can't flash it's very dangerous.
Remember to disable nokia pc suite before flashing.
well al what i did is that i use my 8gb sd card now to make somethings work as cam,web, note etc but cant install apps
and everytime i reboot fone and start it again i have to type in x term
swapon /dev/mmcblk1p2 to it work again

mkfs.ext3 -m 1 -L home /dev/mmcblk1p2
tune2fs -o 0 -i 0 /dev/mmcblk1p2
this work
but those not woki saying :eror argument or no floder found
mkswap -L swap /dev/mmcblk1p3
swapon /dev/mmcblk1p3

just type mkswap /dev/mmcblkp3

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Well, will be a pest once again and ask you for the information of the commands in post #8 in this thread.
You are right now not capable of just try random commands in the hope of some kind of 'automagic'.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Well, will be a pest once again and ask you for the information of the commands in post #8 in this thread.
You are right now not capable of just try random commands in the hope of some kind of 'automagic'.
first : i use my 8gb micro sd card whats partioned to make my n900 things work lil bit but i have always when i reboot fone n restart it to do this command
swapon /dev/,,cblk1p2
thats the other procudure

second the second procudure that u have to flash the n900 then put fresh formatted memory card partitioned the way of durango emmcwork
and then type that command etc....
i cant do it because my n900 wont flash fiasco or even vanilla with cable usb it say when i try vanilla flash *no suitable device usb found ..waiting*
and fiasco * error *m*
so i just try do this procedure without flash the fone
did this could be work???
want help because i want get some application work in this sill fone lol

second this n900 is clear that have error memory internal or whatever im not sure because i couldnt fix it but i want know after i saw some pics here of n900 mother board etc ,,if that chip of internal memory of n900 could be change or replaced with other one of another n900 because i have other 2 n900 mother board the internal memory in them work well no problem

third after i use memory card n fone finaly work lil bit and i got cam work again i found thats the cam not clear and not that good quality i will put picture of this i want know if this mean i have to repair cam too and replace it as u know i have other 2 mother boards

Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
this the result of when i type that procedure commands
Attached Files
File Type: txt File.txt (603 Bytes, 93 views)
File Type: txt File2.txt (151 Bytes, 44 views)
File Type: txt File3.txt (421 Bytes, 60 views)
File Type: txt File5.txt (92 Bytes, 47 views)

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
This is ridiculous!

I am asking for the information from a block of commands, but you keep diffusing the information spreading them over multple posts and randomly take commands without reading or understanding the output of the commands!
This is the last effort from my side!

Please attach the file debug.txt to your next post from this block of commands. You need rootsh installed for the last commands to work.
Code:
mount > debug.txt
df -h >> debug.txt
free >> debug.txt
sudo gainroot >> debug.txt
sfdisk -l >> debug.txt
Please, i ask you to use all of the commands to get a complete picture of the mess your N900 is in!

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post: