Notices

Just been listening to a few tracks, noticed the audio was cutting out briefly (maybe a couple of seconds) at random intervals.

I was browsing the web at the same, so not sure if that had anything to do with it, although there's no problems with other players.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Guatemala
Very very nice job, really. However it feels a little slow, i hope these can be optimized a little bit.

Overall, a great app. Congrats and thank you.

What an awesome player! I wasn't expecting that for a first release. Thanks a lot Somebody!

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Where is your donate button?

Awesome player Nikolay Tischenko.
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

Well I've had a bit of a play around with this and I do like it. Just a couple of suggestions:

It feels like it's entirely centred around building up large playlists, which is great, it's very good at that. But it would be nice if there was an easy way to just populate an entire playlist with one album without having to manually clear it by selecting music>playlists>now playing>check all>remove.

I suppose what I'm saying is - it's not easy enough to clear your current playlist. So basically the only 2 things I'd want are:

• An easy way to clear the current playlist - maybe a menu bar option to clear the playlist that's available wherever you are
  • A way of selecting an artist, album or song and which would auto clear the playlist first (for example, click and hold then select "play album" would populate the playlist with only that album)

Other than that, it's very good, but it's not quite so easy to just jump in to as the actual media player.

Either way, thanks, you've obviously done an excellent job on this and I'm looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

Last edited by llBlackenedll; 2011-02-27 at 23:54.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to llBlackenedll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
For a first release, this is very solid. And everything in Qt is even great.

However, I have few suggestions/requests:
  1. Currently there is only "Artists" way of selection. Please make available "Album Artists" & "Albums" too. The default "maemo media player" way of sorting by albums would be very good.
  2. I was clicking couple of things and got an UI where I was able to edit the tags (only 3 fields were there. Can't remember which ones though). Now, I am not able to find how to get to that again. I single clicked, double clicked almost everywhere on the screen but can't find how to edit the tags now? May be a dedicated button to "edit tags" and also please extend the editable tag fields (Album Artist, Artists, Album, Genre, Year, Track Number, CD Number).
  3. Scrolling to the songs/folders/files list doesn't seem smooth. When I tried to flick fast (bottom to top), instead of moving me through few pages down the screen, it was selecting the files in between. Kinetic Scrolling support.
  4. I understand, you first wanted to concentrate on a solid offline player, and I say kudos to that. Are you thinking about integrating FM player too? If so, then please consider recording feature also with FM.
  5. Few pre-defined presets for the Equalizer might be good too. Also, please consider including the "equalizer" & "edit tags" in the song playing screen itself (instead of having those items in the menu. Wouldn't want to come out of the full-screen!)
  6. Also please consider a way of going to the "folder of the song" that is currently playing. This is very useful.
  7. In the Song Playing screen, clicking on the album art or the song title doesn't currently do anything. May be you can extend them to do something. Any interesting (and useful) ideas around? One that first comes to my mind is a way of making that song a ringtone to some contacts!
  8. Also great would be a way to put a song into multiple playlists from a single menu!

Finally, for a first release, this is AWESOME. THANK YOU. Please continue to enhance it. As is, the player is already good.

Last edited by vkv.raju; 2011-02-27 at 23:56.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vkv.raju For This Useful Post:
just an amazing work done here !
great thanks !
This is the player we expected to get from Nokia for a long time ...
It's even working perfectly with my Bluetooth headset ( nokia BH-905 )
just love it ! ! !

The Following User Says Thank You to clovis86 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Got to say this is the best music player however there is 2 things that I need before it can replace the default player. Since you aren't using MAFW it shutters when doing heavy task or lock/unlock the phone and such since all Nokia processes are higher priority.

And the major thing I miss is the ability to change tracks and play/stop when phone is locked as someone pointed out "Extended Locked Media Player Control"

If you implant the ability to control the mediaplayer when locked I will use this one hands down keep up the good work!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to antezz For This Useful Post:
nice features there.. but there is only one thing i would like to suggest.. it would be great if it is not dependent on the phone profile.. like if profile is silent, you can't hear anything.. you can only hear it playing when in general mode.. unlike the default media player, you can still hear the music playing even in silent mode..

Originally Posted by yauchildchew View Post
My little suggestion:
Option to use camera hardware button to go for next song.
So that I can control volume and go to next song when the phone is locked.
perhaps, like ShortD, short hold for next song, long hold for previous song, hard press is to pause playing?

Tags
music player, nokia n900, someplayer