Notices

Wow! Thanks for all the hard work. I'll give the new version a try.

Using Ctrl + Space for input method switching would be more familiar for many, considering it's almost the de facto standard.

Edit: So, currently it only works in some applications, and the symbols keyboard is gone as that's part of HIM. I guess I'll wait until these issues are sorted out.

Last edited by teohhanhui; 2011-06-14 at 16:07.

Great Job..

A suggestion, can you enable the use of characters like ` ^ ç, commum in portuguese.

And there is a suggestion would be to change the
keyboard layout portrait into something close to the browser Opera or similar to the layout horizontal keyboard ?

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
installed but I dont see any difference but the app certainly opens and works faster! and I did reboot

thanks!

another update?!

awesome!

i have had this installed since you released it to the repos. but as of today I have to remove it from my device due to a new feature. when you are in an app such as contacts or xterm. when you type with the hardware keyboard the chinese symbols come up on the screen.

to stop this you press ctrl. I think there should be a setting to have either EN or Chinese so you dont have to change it sometimes, sometimes you dont either which makes it annoying.

also the new version has introduced a really annoying bug: the shift and fn buttons have been broken. the stock function has been altered. pressing either of the buttons then pressing a key does not perform the expetced outcome. eg press shift then a does lowercase a instead of captial A. also when holding a key it repeats the letter instead of doing the appropriate symbol. eg hold E repeats e instead of inputing a 3.

thanks and I hope these issues can be fixed ASAP.

Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
i have had this installed since you released it to the repos. but as of today I have to remove it from my device due to a new feature. when you are in an app such as contacts or xterm. when you type with the hardware keyboard the chinese symbols come up on the screen.

to stop this you press ctrl. I think there should be a setting to have either EN or Chinese so you dont have to change it sometimes, sometimes you dont either which makes it annoying.

also the new version has introduced a really annoying bug: the shift and fn buttons have been broken. the stock function has been altered. pressing either of the buttons then pressing a key does not perform the expetced outcome. eg press shift then a does lowercase a instead of captial A. also when holding a key it repeats the letter instead of doing the appropriate symbol. eg hold E repeats e instead of inputing a 3.

thanks and I hope these issues can be fixed ASAP.
That's why I'm back to using mcip instead of mcip-nt1...

Does this support finnish characters Ä and Ö ?

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by shnigi View Post
Does this support finnish characters Ä and Ö ?
No, not yet. It is unclear whether it will be added or not, but one can hope...

another annoying thing about this app, when uninstalled it seems it removed some python dependencies which has caused alarmed to not open, who knows what else.

even after removing mcip it still pops up when entering text. I was hoping to see fastsmsevo to pop once mcip is removed as i has fastsmsevo keyboard earlier. Why is this happening pls help

Tags
keyboard, nokia n900