Active Topics

Poll: are buying the nokia n9
Poll Options
are buying the nokia n9

I plan on getting one, how soon depends on a few things.
If a real US version is coming within a reasonable time, i'd wait for that.
I'd also put my max dollar at $600 US for the 64gb.

Question though, if i were to get an import here in the US, am i just totally screwed with the warranty? Do i have to find someone overseas to send it in if it breaks?

If all goes according to plan, I shall have one in first week of September. Most likely black 64GB or maybe cyan. Or is cyan too girly?

The reason why I am not going Android is because I want something different, something new. And I am not a heavy app user, I was raised by old gen Nokia devices, so I don't care about how many apps it has, 10 native or 10,000 3rd party, as long as the phone works and looks good. Exact reason why I got N900 and never regretted it.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Cork, Ireland
My N900 has broken its USB port and I got an N8 when they could not fix it. I put a preorder in this afternoon after 2-3 hours with the N8. 16GB Black one, price will be in the region of €600-€700. I need integrated contacts (i.e. sms, mms, skype, social...fb, g+, email) ala N900 Conversations, anything else is a waste of space and time. F^&** apps!, my mobile is my gateway to my family, friends and colleagues, via talking... chat, mail or video sometimes. The medium does not matter but having it in one location does. Its a pity it does not have a working fm transmittor but the mapping / directions will make up for that with me.

Last edited by robbiec; 2011-08-12 at 23:32.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Too bad polls like this don't show changing opinions. I would guess that Nokia is successfully dissuading users who intended to buy the N9. I for example now expect the price to be higher than I can afford.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Cork, Ireland
Of course Nokia is successfully dissuading users, they're not selling it in their best markets. Price wise, its gonna hurt for sure but thats the price to pay for not following the herd. Tis a pity that the whole app thing has got out of control... app for this app for that. Bah!, what people need is something that works, picks up a call in bad reception areas, is focussed around contacts instead of apps, is focussed on doing a job instead of playing games. But thats not sexy is it? Browsing around the forums, one of the main things that strikes me is that our fellow forum members are loath to get rid of their N900s, some have tried and come back, some are buying up 2nd hand models. Why is that? because it works. It is smooth, it handles everything a mobile should do well with the possible exception of mapping. it does a job and does it well. I am hoping the N9 might be another Nokia that works as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to robbiec For This Useful Post:
38% NOT getting an N9 and this poll is on nokia fanboys website, worrying signs indeed. Lets see how well wp7 device does, a cheaper N9 with a cheaper OS .. yawning, ya definitely nokia is nearly toast.

my precious - nothing more to say...

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Propably not. Elop trashing Meego just one day after N9 announcement killed the little enthusiasm I had left after February 11th.

500€+ is a lot of money to waste on something abandoned on release by manufacturer.
Well, that seems to be Elop's strategy and looks like it's working.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
I voted "no, i'm staying with my n900"

But if something happens to my N900, I probably would consider either the N9 or the E7.