Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
N9 should have never seen the market. The worst phone experience I ever had. The worst email client. The worst rebooting, stuttering and lagginess. It should have sold to geeks only with a big disclaimer: Use at your own risk.

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to herpderp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 376 | Thanked: 257 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
N9 should have never seen the market. The worst phone experience I ever had. The worst email client. The worst rebooting, stuttering and lagginess. It should have sold to geeks only with a big disclaimer: Use at your own risk.
Maybe you're right, in a way Lumiaman. N9 and MeeGo requires some knowledge of its users. Beginners and losers should probably choose an iPhone instead. Do you have an iPhone?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to setter For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by setter View Post
Beginners and losers should probably choose an iPhone instead. Do you have an iPhone?
He does; he uses it as his main phone while all the time spreading FUD about how great his non-used L920 is...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 376 | Thanked: 257 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
He does; he uses it as his main phone while all the time spreading FUD about how great his non-used L920 is...
I am gonna test 920 at my job for two weeks now but my first impression is not so good. I hate the dead standby screen....

Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020

If i could give you one piece of advice John's phone would be it.

http://www.johnsphones.com/

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by jellyroll View Post
If i could give you one piece of advice John's phone would be it.

http://www.johnsphones.com/
Since you have totally lost it here I have phone for you. It even have a keyboard and will probably be the successor of n900.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/12/noit-joystick/

By the way. You are all wrong! Strange, isn't it?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
In case you are looking for a browser bookmark editor: BWizz;
and for pinching stuff to your desktop : LINKer (both from me).

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following User Says Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
N9 should have never seen the market.
About your reboots, I have little to say, but I do think you got the first thing you said almost right. The N9, like the N900, should not have been marketed as a regular phone, as a phone for regular people. You prove that point yourself pretty well, Lumiaman. It's a phone for nerds, for geeks.

When devices like the N9 and the N900, fall into the hands of unknowing people, we end up with people amongst us that want and need to be spoonfed. Clueless, unwilling to learn, but with an overkill of unfounded opinions as well as time to write those opinions down and share them.

I don't believe I've ever seen you answering the question as to why you are a member of TMO in the first place.

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by anthonie View Post
About your reboots, I have little to say, but I do think you got the first thing you said almost right. The N9, like the N900, should not have been marketed as a regular phone, as a phone for regular people. You prove that point yourself pretty well, Lumiaman. It's a phone for nerds, for geeks.

When devices like the N9 and the N900, fall into the hands of unknowing people, we end up with people amongst us that want and need to be spoonfed. Clueless, unwilling to learn, but with an
overkill of unfounded opinions as well as time to write those opinions down and share them.

I don't believe I've ever seen you answering the question as to why you are a member of TMO in the first place.
I must admit now that thinking about this, I can see LumiaMan's point. The thing is, the phone *might* be a geek-only gem.
But it can be made to a phone for everyone, unlike his most beloved Lumia.

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following User Says Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post: