Backing done. Looking forward to September.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pexi For This Useful Post:
In addition to Kabouik's request, I would also like to see a closeup of the keyboard, as I'm interested to know how it handles third/fourth level characters, and the missing keys talked about earlier in this thread. I want to buy it (in the bundle with the protective cover), but without characters outside of 0-1a-z I won't be able to use it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pexi View Post
Backing done. Looking forward to September.
Backning is never really done. La la la lalala how many t-shirts will walk around among us in sept? Less than 3 and more than 1

Great day!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 71 | Thanked: 456 times | Joined on Jan 2017 @ Portugal
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Backning is never really done. La la la lalala how many t-shirts will walk around among us in sept? Less than 3 and more than 1

Great day!
Well, imagine if all the 5000 t-shirts had been ordered. And if suddently there's a wool shortage, or flu affeting sheep and thus wool production.
That may jeoperdize the whole t-shirt production causing delays in the igg campaign.

So only 2 ordered t-shirt sounds good to me, I say

Anyway, the clock is ticking and only 2 days left and more than 200% funded. Big success so far I think.
What you gonna do Dave ? Order one now or wait until they're up for sale, so you wont get dissapointed again ? The clock is ticking...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to john_god For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by john_god View Post
So only 2 ordered t-shirt sounds good to me, I say
I think you made Dave order one. There is now three claimed.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by DrYak View Post
@chen, regarding futur Lauta-like:

- planning Dual-SIM (even standby) that would be wondeful for us travellers in Europe.

- 64 bits CPU ? Even more awsome point if it's something remotely open-source ready that has chances to have upstream linux support one day (so maybe not mediatek). (Allwinner seems another popular chipset on linux project, but some of their SOCs variants are also problematic regarding GPL)

- extension pins ? Like Jolla1's charging and I2C pins, or Fairphone2's USB pins ? Those have attracted a decent community of modders (see Dirk Van Leersum) and it would be cool if your project could similarly be hacked.
(And gives an opportunity to all those unsatisfied customer that complain that your project didn't include their specific dream feature - like a secondary e-Ink display or whatever).
Dual Sim can be achieved. Shouldn't be a problem...

Regarding CPU, it will be 64-bit for sure, and as I mentioned I will use Qualcomm. For power and easier adapting other OSes. MTK and Alwinner will have some driver issue as you mentioned.

Extension port, it's a no go at this point. It adds unnecessary cost (a lot) and I think Jolla made the mistake on Jolla 1. I would rather spend the resources on user experience and OS

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by DrYak View Post
Dual-SIM (even standby) that would be wondeful for us travellers in Europe.
You may have missed that roaming charges were abolished in the EU from June 2017, making the dual SIM requirement less pressing. Unless by travel in Europe you mean travel to Europe from other parts of the world

On a personal note, the abolition of roaming charges meant a price increase for me. Weird but true. Sending a text cost me 4p within the UK and 25p to my relatives in Europe. On roaming, both cost me 7p. Since I travel mostly to the countries where my relatives live and I mostly call or text them while there, texting them whilst roaming was actually cheaper than texting them from home.
No more.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
On a personal note, the abolition of roaming charges meant a price increase for me. Weird but true. Sending a text cost me 4p within the UK and 25p to my relatives in Europe. On roaming, both cost me 7p. Since I travel mostly to the countries where my relatives live and I mostly call or text them while there, texting them whilst roaming was actually cheaper than texting them from home.
No more.
Same here, I wonder how many years and legal cases it will take before these practices are banned as well. I also found it quite funny to receive a string of emails over the past year and a half from my provider telling me I would be "the first to enjoy the end of roaming costs" starting from 15 June (and last year's date when they were forced to lower the costs already in preparation), as if they are the ones who decided to make it cheaper.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Hi there,

i never had contact to SailfishOs but I like the idea behind and think about pledge the youyota tablet. Would also like to have a Sailfish Smartphone!
While this is on Intel architecture it seems to be possible to run a different GNU/Linux OS in this tablet in case that there will be no further development on sailfish. Are there restrictions why it couldn’t? Would be great as fallback position...
Another question: Is there a Website from yououta. I found nothing on the Internet about that company. Is it sure a real company?

Have a good day!

Hi there,

i never had contact to SailfishOs but I like the idea behind and think about pledge the youyota tablet. Would also like to have a Sailfish Smartphone!

While this is on Intel architecture it seems to be possible to run a different GNU/Linux OS in this tablet in case that there will be no further development on sailfish. Are there restrictions why it couldn’t? Would be great as fallback position...
Another question: Is there a Website from yououta. I found nothing on the Internet about that company. Is it sure a real company?

Have a good day!

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os