Active Topics

Closed Thread
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Are you trolling again? No other miseries to attend to, but bother pure Nokians?

I was in Germany a month ago, and everyone got iPhone. Nokia doesn't exist there either. The big question to Europeans, is why are they digging iPhone and androids in lieu of Symbian, and why they can't create the experience that iPhone and android provide
Wait... did you just condemn trolling only to troll yourself?

Dude.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Probably depends on "which side" (east or west), f.e. Munich is Apple territory anyway but nobody could drag me to work there again. Terrible snubby city, almost like shitty Miami. As a native German plus still living there, i know plenty of people still using Nokias. And the chicks that got HTCs and S2s do nearly only Facebook and WhatsApp etc., so enough potential wasted. But they got them mostly because they are everywhere (promoted) so they don't actually have to think about what to get, and because they like those stupid oversized touch glass screens that are ideal for getting RSIs.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-04-23 at 00:44.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
I was in Germany a month ago, and everyone got iPhone. Nokia doesn't exist there either. The big question to Europeans, is why are they digging iPhone and androids in lieu of Symbian, and why they can't create the experience that iPhone and android provide
This is EXACTLY the question Nokia should be asking.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
Here in Northern Germany most people use Android phones, iphones are second. Nokia used to be the leader until N95 times, but after N97 debacle they lost most supporters.
Most people I talk to would never buy a WP here. The city was plastered with Lumia placards recently, but I know only one person who bought one and she desperately but unsuccessfully tries to sell it...

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Wait... did you just condemn trolling only to troll yourself?

Dude.
I have to confess. I did troll, but never got a good answer

I have to confess. I did troll, but never got a good answer
You're just a Taliban terrorist.

Originally Posted by Mize View Post
You're just a Taliban terrorist.
Hehehehehe.......Even Europeans think that Nokia sells Taliban phones

WTF is that supposed to mean?

I've been confused ever since the word Taliban has been tossed around as if it means something hilarious. Inside joke perhaps?

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Probably "Taliban phone" as in "gets only bought by people originating from Asia Minor/Middle East/Arabic Peninsula" or "cheap phones mainly used in developing countries". Nature knows why such a dim-wit... never mind.

But why the people living in the oh-so-developed (=stagnated) countries flock to luxury toddler toys (IPhones) is a mystery to me too.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-04-23 at 15:27.

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen