Poll: Is your N9 in open mode?
Poll Options
Is your N9 in open mode?

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 739 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
my tracker messed-up again lol
Well, I think i was not FasterN9 but I can't say it for sure. Would you please describe what happened and what were you doing when it happened?

Originally Posted by AMD View Post
When will the stable version be ever released?
I was about to release it but now I'll analise this tracker corruption that was reported

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Well, im not doing anything , the message that should be blocked by firewallpluspro sometimes not filtered, and then when i take a pict its not saved, its cant be saved, its happened suddenly , i dont know, uninstall, restore my backup, and now its fine,

Well, im not doing anything , the message that should be blocked by firewallpluspro sometimes not filtered, and then when i take a pict its not saved, its cant be saved, its happened suddenly , i dont know, uninstall, restore my backup, and now its fine,
So your problem was with the camera? The camera freezed for me today, maybe the problem was not related to tracker? Any other symptom you remembered?

If the problem is in the camera, probably it'll be easier to fix. Did you tried rebooting before resorting the backup?

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by traysh View Post
So your problem was with the camera? The camera freezed for me today, maybe the problem was not related to tracker? Any other symptom you remembered?

If the problem is in the camera, probably it'll be easier to fix. Did you tried rebooting before resorting the backup?
So far the only problem I've faced has been gps issues and I'm using a freshly flashed N9, which is a good indicator. The camera I think may be related to your N9 and some installed app or tweak, as I haven't had any issues with my camera yet. Also the tracker issues arrn't related to fasterN9, I am using it and so far tracker hasn't been an issue. Ask people to flash their N9's then install fasterN9, all of their problems will go away. I have been agressively testing your App and so far it works nothing short of flawless except for gps lock on time. And to test I removed fasterN9 and checked gps to see if it ran and it locked on much quicker with out it, then reinstalled it and gps lock on was slower.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
nope, after reboot still the same, the last picture that i take doesn't showup on gallery , i think its related to firewall plus pro, afaik its work with tracker too, cause its hide the blocked message and call, sometimes its showed up but sometimes blocked, maybe thats why, :/

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
nope, after reboot still the same, the last picture that i take doesn't showup on gallery , i think its related to firewall plus pro, afaik its work with tracker too, cause its hide the blocked message and call, sometimes its showed up but sometimes blocked, maybe thats why, :/
Install this: http://db.tt/6EQ20AMs
in terminal as user run gallerybugx
then reboot and wait, it will work

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
Yes they do work, at least when tried with other devices

I removed all the files and flasher. Downloaded again and installed flasher again. No success. Also double checked that I am downloading right flasher. i686 in my computer checked with
Code:
uname -m
so it is the 32bit version for me. But no success also tried the command flasher -i , but that doesn't bring up the "waiting suitable USB interface" either.

Out of options?

Hmm, maybe a walk in the park with dog and then installing ubuntu on another computer. Don't know if worth the fuzz.

Maybe just flashing with my windows side, because on that side the flasher and USB ports work normally. Douldnt wanna give up on something like this as is it not on the phones side the problem
You may need to blacklist the cdc_phonet kernel module since it may claim the USB first. Check here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=33543
The thread is for N800 but still happens with Maemo/Harmattan devices in some distros

Also, I didn't get from your posts if you're running Ubuntu directly or in an emulator (which may be a problem). If still not in emulator, you can try downloading a live CD of some other distro and run flasher from that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
So far the only problem I've faced has been gps issues and I'm using a freshly flashed N9, which is a good indicator. The camera I think may be related to your N9 and some installed app or tweak, as I haven't had any issues with my camera yet. Also the tracker issues arrn't related to fasterN9, I am using it and so far tracker hasn't been an issue. Ask people to flash their N9's then install fasterN9, all of their problems will go away. I have been agressively testing your App and so far it works nothing short of flawless except for gps lock on time. And to test I removed fasterN9 and checked gps to see if it ran and it locked on much quicker with out it, then reinstalled it and gps lock on was slower.
tested both camera and gps both working ok here... but of coz I don have the capability to compare side by side before and after, but both items able to run without any specify error...

another OT (off topic) question, does anyone using the Billboard apps notice the {events} showing the timezone as default mean all the time it show it those un-offset +0 timezone instead of your own country set timezone?

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
You may need to blacklist the cdc_phonet kernel module since it may claim the USB first. Check here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=33543
The thread is for N800 but still happens with Maemo/Harmattan devices in some distros

Also, I didn't get from your posts if you're running Ubuntu directly or in an emulator (which may be a problem). If still not in emulator, you can try downloading a live CD of some other distro and run flasher from that.
I wish I had had more time and seen this message before I had to absolutely get my n9 to work again as I was leaving out of town and had need for it. So I flashed it and everything is working nicely again. Even when not doing eMMC, there still is fortunately much to do after flashing

I managed to get flasher work on my Linux setup. Flashing according to thedead1440 advice worked, but again after that I couldn't get my Linux setup to recognize the phone. Soo, what you just wrote about USB might just have been my problem.

I was using Ubuntu directly and also tried emulator. I didn't have time to try other distros unfortunately.

It is shame that I run out of time, but learned few nice workaround if this ever happens again. And as it is, practice makes you better, so modding and making my n9 "mine" again with all the great stuff I can find from here all is good.

The Following User Says Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post: