Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Sheepdog987 View Post
Update went great, but lost all calendar widget info? Calendar is still fine but widget doest sync properly anymore? All else seems to be positive, thanks Nokia.
The widget now only show the next two (?) weeks events. Previously it was very unreliable about showing anything accurately beyond the two weeks - what was shown was often not the next occurring events.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by autodrivel View Post
I notice on the tablets-dev.nokia firmware download site that there is a UK firmware for the 42.11 build:

RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.42-11.203.2_PR_COMBINED_203_ARM

But for the PR1.1 update there is only firmwares for USA, Middle East & North Africa and Global.

Am I correct in using the Global firmware to flash my UK N900?

If I use Nokia's NSU will that flash using the Global Firmware or does NSU have access to a UK variant?
If you use NSU then it will flash a UK variant (though I don't know whether that's offering the 51 update or not yet), otherwise you'll want to download the 42-11 UK firmware and then do OTA updates from there (note that if you've had the 51 firmware installed already, you'll only be able to use the WLAN to update until you get back to 51).

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
If you use NSU then it will flash a UK variant (though I don't know whether that's offering the 51 update or not yet), otherwise you'll want to download the 42-11 UK firmware and then do OTA updates from there (note that if you've had the 51 firmware installed already, you'll only be able to use the WLAN to update until you get back to 51).
Rob1n - I tried using NSU - but, as usual, there is no UK variant available for the new 51 firmware.
So I reflashed the 42.1 firmware and am currently using OTG to update to 51.

Since I updated my N900 the indicator light is flashing white on/off all the time. Anybody else having this problem?

Originally Posted by Liamsbab View Post
Since I updated my N900 the indicator light is flashing white on/off all the time. Anybody else having this problem?
This is the "Power on" notification - you can disable it via the Settings application.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
This is the "Power on" notification - you can disable it via the Settings application.
Thanks for this, I will give it a go

Ashame there is no auto rotate, i thought that was going to be included in this so called 'Major update' ..... what happend to that?!

its cool i worked it out!
Cant believe nokia didnt tell you how to do this, i had to google it up. jeeez!

they really have over delayed this fone which was going to bug free with them installing the firmware an since we have had it, its had a cple of hiccups already.
Not impressed, as i waited ages for this

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by badboyuk View Post
Ashame there is no auto rotate, i thought that was going to be included in this so called 'Major update' ..... what happend to that?!
The only additional portrait support announced for this update by Nokia was for the web browser. Some bloggers and posters to forums were sure there would be full portrait support, but none of them ever had an actual source to cite.*

* Okay, I recall one blogger citing a first-level rep on the Brightpoint sales line, but that's just, well, humorous.

Btw is anyone having problems with maemo.org repository?

I am getting the following error message:
http://repository.maemo.org/extras/d...le/Release.gpg
Could not resolve 'repository.maemo.org'

Ive not touched the application catologues since the i installed the new firmware and it was fine the other day.
Is the address changed or server down.....? Any ideas/suggestions....?

Tags
extras-devel, firmware, firmware update, flasher, free space, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, n900, n900 pr1.1, n900 pr1.1 update, nsu, ota, pr1.1, pr1.1 update, rootfs, ssu, update