Active Topics

Poll: Is your N9 in open mode?
Poll Options
Is your N9 in open mode?

Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
Ohhh thanx Arie, I always wondered what the problem is with my GPS, now I know, but well I hardly ever use it so I'll stick with FasterN9.

EDIT: By the way I'm still using version 0.9.7, any one care to update if 0.9.10 is any good? Any GPS problems?
Me using the latest version and the drive app doesn't launch at the first time i.e. just gets stuck on the loading screen then have to quit the app and restart it then it works normally !!! Can't tell u abt the battery though as prior to the installation of fastern9 i had wazapp issues which used to drain the battery, but i still manage to get 25-30 hours on a single full charge !!

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 739 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
nope, after reboot still the same, the last picture that i take doesn't showup on gallery , i think its related to firewall plus pro, afaik its work with tracker too, cause its hide the blocked message and call, sometimes its showed up but sometimes blocked, maybe thats why, :/
I think you got it, probably it's related to FirewallPlus Pro. Maybe the corruption Arie had was related to FirewallPlus Pro + FasterN9 too.

I attached a fixed version to the first post. Please stress test it and report back, I want to release 0.9.11 as 1.0 stable. And I think I figured out how to use the deadline I/O scheduler without causing problems (big performance gain), but that will be considered an unstable version, after 1.0.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to traysh For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
Thanks for the help. Learned nice things.

I eventually needed to flash as I needed the phone for my trip and thus ran out of time to try. If something like this happens again I am much better equipped to handle it.
Sorry I'm (very) late. I tryed to follow that guide to recover from malf some times, and every time when I finished & successfully rebooted the phone wouldn't remember any account password anymore. Deleting accounts wouldn't help, so I ended up reflashing.

Originally Posted by Wowfunhappy View Post
Do you think you could add in some sort of command line option to switch the io schedule back to the custom one?

It was a lot faster, and since I keep habitual backups and stuff... data corruption would be annoying, but not a disaster. Plus, if it's a command line option, it will keep people who don't know what they're doing from playing with it.
Anyone reading, please beware these instructuions may lead to data corruption.

To change to my prefered scheduler
Code:
cd /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/
echo deadline > scheduler
To list available schedulers:
Code:
cat scheduler
The schedulers' specific tunables are in the 'iosched' subdir. To list their values:
Code:
cd iosched
grep . ./*
You may change their values using
Code:
echo #VALUE > @file
replace #VALUE with a number and @file with the tunable filename.

Oh, you need to be root to change anything. And remember, the changes will stick until reboot.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by traysh View Post
Sorry I'm (very) late. I tryed to follow that guide to recover from malf some times, and every time when I finished & successfully rebooted the phone wouldn't remember any account password anymore. Deleting accounts wouldn't help, so I ended up reflashing.
traysh,

You must not only delete all accounts but from terminal delete:

/home/user/.accounts
/home/user/.aegis
/home/user/.activesync

reboot and enter the passwords once and you will not be asked again...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
traysh,

You must not only delete all accounts but from delete:

/home/user/.accounts
/home/user/.aegis
/home/user/.activesync

reboot and enter the passwords once and you will not be asked again...
Oh, thank you a lot. I'll use that if I need to recover again

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Also traysh, Now that your phone is normal, as root in terminal:

Code:
disclaimer-cal remove View-openmode

This ensures that the next time your device MALF's and you fix malf state the ugly warranty void message doesn't come at every boot-up...

If it still comes up you can just flash the openmode kernel after fixing MALF state:

Code:
flasher -a rootfs.bin -k kernel_2.6.32-20121301+0m8.dsc --flash-only=kernel --suppress-warranty-warning -f -R

The kernel can be gotten from: http://depot.javispedro.com/nit/harm...121301+0m8.dsc

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-09-18 at 03:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
^ GPS works fine.. I notice a slightly higher battery usage. Perhaps I'll switch back to 0.9.7.
I can confirm.
GPS works flawlessly with FasterN9. Never had problems.

Locks satellites in mere seconds.

\m/

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
performance gain is a big issue, right? So we won't go back to the deadline I/O scheduler?

I wouldn't mind an unstable version with that problem fixed.

testing new version.. Seems to work well so far.. Keep up the awesome work!

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
performance gain is a big issue, right? So we won't go back to the deadline I/O scheduler?

I wouldn't mind an unstable version with that problem fixed.

testing new version.. Seems to work well so far.. Keep up the awesome work!
I think what traysh is that he found out how to use the deadline I/O scheduler without causing problems, but he will release it after 1.0(stable). His release with deadline I/O scheduler will be classed as unstable.

Hope I got this right traysh

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post: