Active Topics

Originally Posted by billranton View Post
"So far I haven't seen any press articles about this, because I think the whining on this forum is taken with a pinch of salt.
Really? I've already read about the delivery problems in the media (English & German)... If you need sources I can look through my RSS feeds - but I'm sure you can find them. The main media (non-tech ones) won't make a headline out of those delivery issues because they generally don't care (yet) about Jolla at all. Often they actually don't care about any device except those lame Apple and Droid ones.

In my opinion a media article about the delivery issues with background infos by Jolla (whatever the problems are, limitations of start-up company etc...) sound much better than just "bad delivery by Jolla".

But to come back on my earlier post - I'm not complaining about the delivery but I agree with users here that Jolla has to work on their communication in the near future and that we have to forgive what's happening now.

Last edited by caprico; 2013-12-16 at 10:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to caprico For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by cquence View Post
Did you get any shipping info email with tracking numbers etc?
Nope. I'm presuming it's from Jolla as I've not got anything else coming from FedEx. Jolla store still says picking.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I don't think I have seen that bad press. Could you give a reference please?
Here's one:

http://www.digitoday.fi/vimpaimet/20...a/201316303/66

The Following User Says Thank You to epmt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by att View Post
Edit: And because part of the work have been outsourced they cannot publicly humiliate their partner(s). That is why Jolla doesn't give out more information about the problems.
That seems like a reasonable theory

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by epmt View Post
Yes, it seems like it is the logical fallacy week. Who claimed Jolla is Apple?
You do realize that TMO is an open community forum where people are expressing their opinions not a moderated philosophical debate where once you don't have your own arguments you try to punch through the arguments of your opposition, right? What's next, picking out syntactic and grammatical errors in every post that doesn't share your opinion?

Nobody here is trying to belittle your opinions, stop treating people as your opposition an chill the ef out.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zwer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zwer View Post
You do realize that TMO is an open community forum where people are expressing their opinions
Obviously. I was and am just taking part.

I repeat my suggestion for Jolla, in case the point gets lost in the bickering and misrepresentations:

For example, what risk would there be in expressing the percentage of shipments on Twitter?

Monday: 55% of all pre-orders are now out!
Tuesday: Hit 70% today, making up for lost time! Yay!
Wednesday: 90%, the homerun is opening!
Thursday: All Jolla pre-orders have been mailed! Happy Holidays to all the sailors!

The Following User Says Thank You to epmt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Reportedly it has arrived by Fedex - Brussels Belgium - no tracking number received by email prior to delivery - current status Jolla shop "in picking" -order# between 700 and 800
Buyers' remorse level pre-test at 85%

EDIT: Oh yes, BTW as far as I am concerned Jolla has kept their promise: by a large margin.
Jingle Stress, Jingle Streeess, Jolla sailing all the way

Last edited by ste-phan; 2013-12-16 at 10:32.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Some ****** sorted the spreadsheet again. Man, how difficult can it be to understand to leave the sorting alone. Are some people completely illiterate?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Larswad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway, Oslo
I don't have any hope to get mine before x-mas, £0 option, still paid status in webshop. And if it has been shipped at all, the Norwegian customs is the slowest working People i know of. So they won't release the package before january anyway.

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Probably already said, but good news from the spreadsheet is that several Jollas have been delivered today with status still on "In picking" and no email/tracking number sent.

Many of the "In picking" orders may actually be ouf for delivery right now, which may explain why the statuses did not change since Wednesday: they were just not updated, nonetheless Jolla and FedEx did progress on the shipments since then.

Hope mine was out for delivery too today, unfortunately I did not request delivery at work, so I'll miss it anyway.

[Edit] Yes, already reported.

TL; DR
Good news.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2013-12-16 at 10:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post: