Notices

Originally Posted by khuong View Post
The new version is only updating 1 line of code in the file /opt/cutetube/youtubeservice.py to fix the video playing problem.

So you can either edit that file yourself or install the update which will give you the same result.

I personally prefer editing the file myself in the xterminal with leafpad than running the update since I have made some cosmetic change to the app and don't want them to be replaced with the new version.

Marxian..! Correct me if I am wrong..
It does actually a lot more...removes like 5 python libs during upgrade required for it to run.

many thanks man

working like a dream again.

easily one of the best community apps

love it

wraggieone......

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by tjsgls View Post
It does actually a lot more...removes like 5 python libs during upgrade required for it to run.
I used a build script from an older version, which had some dependencies missing. Nothing was removed during installation on my device, but that must be because I have other application installed that require the same libs.

I think it's the twitter/facebook libs that need adding.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
There is also a change to the thumbnail link used for the video info screen. YouTube changed the order of the links a while ago, so a low quality image was being displayed. You can fix this yourself by changing line 155 of videoinfowindow.py to

Code:
thumbUrl = self.video.media.thumbnail[1].url
I was wrong then.. heh heh..

Thanks for the update. I couldn't tell the difference of those two thumbnail quality. ( Maybe I need my eyes checked soon )

Ok now let you go back to work on the new cutetube version then.
Your app rock...! Must have app for N900..looking forward to the new version.

The Following User Says Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
0.9.10-5 is in the auto-builder queue. :/

The only changes are the inclusion of the missing dependencies and the version number in the 'About' window.

My website

GitHub

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
How do I play the 720p video I downloaded? I have VLC and it doesn't work. I tried looking into earlier posts of this thread but didn't find the answer. Thanks.

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by geohsia View Post
How do I play the 720p video I downloaded? I have VLC and it doesn't work. I tried looking into earlier posts of this thread but didn't find the answer. Thanks.
You can't play 720p videos on your N900. You can only play videos up to a resolution of 800x480.

why do some videos on youtube work and some don't in the cutetube player?

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Does anyone have any tips to prevent the frequent hiccups/freezes when playing videos with this app? Or am I the only one?

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
I can only see this version in App Manager. I have previously uninstalled this version. I have Extras-Devel enabled too. Any ideas how I can get the update?

Tags
youtube