Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
So do people on here think the UK won't be getting it through expansys, mobilefun etc.

I wonder whether they are just trying to fulfill stock to Europe before the countries that arnt meant to be getting it?

Surely if there is UK variants we will get it? Expansys would surely have been told to take it down if nokia were not going to supply it? Mobiles.co.uk had it listed as coming soon on their website a month ago and with 2 days it was removed! I had an email to say the "manufacturer" had asked them to remove it. So i can't see why expansys would still have a page for it!

thats my wishful thinking anyway!

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Trying to do this:

- Create a file called /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mymoves.list
- Into that file, enter this line (without the quotes): “deb http://koti.kapsi.fi/~sh8dfwk/mymoves binary/“

If I try

mv /home/user/MyDocs/Downloads/mymoves.list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mymoves.list

i get this:

mv: can't create '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/mymoves.list': Permission denied

How do I fix that?

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by smegheadz View Post
@cue, @bbin and @everyone else banging on about HSPA+
you both miss the point. the comparison is subjective. so what he marked the N9 as better, you can argue that it doesn't have HSPA+ or that it has pentaband etc. but the real difference is how good the antenna is. if your signals crap you can't do **** with it anyway. because of the materials used the n9 has a better signal then all/most phones available, this has been mentioned here on this tread with quotes from testers etc. now lets end the argument now or make a new thread and argue there. you'd swear it was important someone's view was updated to your own.

Personally it's not that easy to break down which is the better phone. it's about the user requirements and the phones ability to meet them.

no offence meant but ya need to take it to another thread or just stop.
You got a point about the antenna!
Last night I was a bit annoyed that the Nokia store weren't as fast as I wanted, so I took several speed tests (4 or 5 times) and results varied between 1mbit and 650 kbit, and afterwards on my gf's iphone4 (white); 200 kbit and 400 kbit - and it's easy to say that it didnt didn't reach max speed on any phone, lol!
However the results, unscientific as it were, still showed that antenna isn't to be underestimated!
(- we use the same network carrier)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lindegaard For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
Has anybody seen reviews of the final Nokia N9 device?
I don't mean user reviews, but pro-style reviews from tech sites.
I haven't yet, so I was just wondering if Nokia even send out review devices.
Sweden and Norway yes, and theyr was possitive.

Except the craptalk about "this is the last Meego device" and then they forget that appsupport is more about QT than if they not release more Meego devices :-/

Quick question in addition to the one above me here, i HOPE you guys know this cause Im clueless:

I did this:
Went to settings, mobile network, and switched Netwok mode to GSM instead of Dual.

Network selection is at Automatic, Data roaming is on always ask, background connections is on.

Heres the thing: The phone shows a 2.5 sign where the signal thing is. Which IIRC is Edge.

Now for my question: When I launch the browser to browse ze web, does it use 3.5g even if the singal thing says 2.5 and my phone is set to GSM network only?

from what i remember on my N8, if it shows anything other than 3.5G then you are not getting 3.5G...so in your case, it is at 2.5.

is there an option for high speed data on/off? i know on symbian^3 you can choose that and in areas where there's no 3G, it will use EDGE and jump back to 3G when its available.

Not sure what that means, asianmoomoo. You can set it to GSM or Dual or 3G.

The reason why I asked the above question is this: ITS ****ING FAST AS **** on the webbrowser. Like crazy fast. So I thought "maybe its using 3.5g for browsing and 2.5g for everything else?"

But maybe its just getting high speed... edge?

I could upload a video of the speeds Im getting, I think its weird as ****.

hmm interesting, i am not sure then. i would leave it on 3G.

so is the browser really THAT fast? comparable to an android?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by slai View Post
who says there will be limited quantity? and dont say eldar...
Sigh... Eldar... the master of FUD strikes again

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Confederatio Helvetica
An update for Switzerland:
The black N9 is already out of stock at Digitech (was in stock only today for some time). New supplies expected mid- (cyan, black) and late October (magenta, black 64).

Something smells really bad here. Seems like even the countries where it is officially available aren't getting more than a teaspoon of it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rentze For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????