Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Can someone please put together a list of applications with dependency issues that make the OTA update unavailable requiring you to use the NSU? Luckily I only had to scroll back a few pages to find out TuxRace was one of those apps and now the OTA is working fine. It would be nice to have a list so we narrow it down to what packages are causing this issue.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
**** mine doesnt update. It says it needs Nokia PC Suite. And that sucks. Windows sucks and Nokia PC suite sucks as well. But after a lot of hard work I got into the update program and started the update. I agreed that I was aware of the chance of losing all my files and had made a back-up(wich I didnt, cuz the ****ing Back-up software of *****ing Nokia PC Suite doesnt work). So it started to download, but after a lil minute or so it tells me 'downloading of the software failed'.
''Nokia updater tried to update the software, but failed for at least 4 times. Perhaps this is because of a bad, slow or instable internet connection, but this failure might also occur because problems with our servers.''
And above that it tells my that 'for an optimal connection i'd better connect directly, not via a USB-hub or keyboard with dock.'
But its connected just straight up to the computer(although it is going via mac trough paralells desktop to windows).
I tried updating again for about 10 times now but still the same story

I hope this story is clear, but can anyone PLEASE PLEASE help me, because I realy need this update.

thx alot in advance.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thiis For This Useful Post:
plz help me when i am trying to update it its sying ur tager location dont have enough memory ...plz help how to update it thx

hmm where did i hear that before?

U need to free your rootfs I guess.
oped they could've fixed that by now. Is it so hard? They just enlarged it, but why not try installing most of the OS somewhere else?

how plz can u explain...

Start by disabling all of the repository's you have exept for the nokia software update one.
App. mngr -> repositories ->then select all the repo's and mark 'disabled'

i diable all except nokia softwear update but still the same reponse i am geting plz help me out sir...thx

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Leipzig, Germany
In short: Uninstall packages, especially those taking up space on your rootfs.
More detailed instructions and some hints on freeing up rootfs space (and how much free space you really(!) have using "df -h /" in Terminal) available at: http://wiki.maemo.org/Free_up_rootfs_space

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bulacan, Philippines
Can someone please give a walk-through of how to update to the PR 1.2? Thanks

Pressure, start from page 1 in this thread and read though, you'll sus it out if you do that