Notices

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Germany
i hope too

I have a feeling that once we pass v3 we will be officially passed the official Whatsapp for other handsets! Keep up The great work!
Personally I don't mind any of the minor bugs Im just hoping to get media sharing... Now that i see after the update, there is alot of space next to the send button, does that mean we are going to have buttons for media sharing soon? Man the shivers i get just thinking about it!
I know you dont need my help on anything! but if you do, well just shine your sign in the sky and Ill be glad to do so

Hmm, don't like the new texting features Really takes alot of space.
In landscape it doesnt automatically scroll. So i need to manually scroll down to get the send button.

Disappearing of VKB after send is more annoying than having to scroll manually...

Settings menu top border still has no rounded top border.

I really like the new sending indicators.
Also great that the theme bug (always black after reboot or app quit) was fixed!

Last edited by Morpog; 2012-05-23 at 21:05.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ India
For notifications on the lockscreen, you should add an N9 style round icon instead of squared picture...

I found a bug.

In landscape mode you can't send a message.

you can, check my last post.

Bug in v0.2.5: Theme is not remembered when closing application (always reverts to light coloured theme).

Also, pre-loading conversations during the first few seconds after loading the app would be useful - there can be quite a delay.

Not a big fan of the large send button and the kb closing after hitting send or is that space for buttons to send emoji/pictures etc. in the future?

Thank you eitherway, the app is getting more and more functional and polished!

The Following User Says Thank You to Nad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tampico, México
For the people with the message fail-too-many

Because we have reached the limit of SMS that can be sent us in a specific timeframe, there are 2 possibilities to fix this.

1) Wait until 1st June and see if the limit resets, suposing that it does every month.
2) Send an email to whatsapp inc. and ask to raise the lock. If you do, explain them the issue, without being too specific about unofficial client and give them your phone number.

If any one here sends an email and works, please tell us!

Posts: 246 | Thanked: 2,574 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Egypt, Cairo
Originally Posted by dcastrog View Post
For the people with the message fail-too-many

Because we have reached the limit of SMS that can be sent us in a specific timeframe, there are 2 possibilities to fix this.

1) Wait until 1st June and see if the limit resets, suposing that it does every month.
2) Send an email to whatsapp inc. and ask to raise the lock. If you do, explain them the issue, without being too specific about unofficial client and give them your phone number.

If any one here sends an email and works, please tell us!
Hey are voice and "try me" button failing as well?

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
Due all the respect to the devs - the new layout is not superior to the old one. It certainly look better and the back button on top-left is very welcome.

BUT: The input changements are not good at all. Send button disappears often and feels attached to the messaging-windows (you always have to scroll). While portrait mode is still usable, landscape mode isn't anymore at all.

I don't think we need such a large "Send" button, the other one was totally enough. And send button has to be within the input window - else it needs way too much space.

Smileys look really funny What icon set did you use? Was there a problem with the original Emoji's (copyright?)? But I think they should be a bit smaller. They tear apart the text too much. 3/4 of the actual size should be good.

I'm sorry for being critical, the app is absolutely amazing. I know the difficulties of UI design very well... But I think its easier to understand if I keep things clear instead of using too many nice words

Last edited by almamo; 2012-05-23 at 21:45.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to almamo For This Useful Post:

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp