Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
I have changed my password in facebook. and now I can't change the password inside cutetube...
what to do ?

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Seattle WA
Originally Posted by shnigi View Post
My cutetube just suddenly stopped working. When i press play video, it just shows me black screen ? What happened ?
i get the same result. i have un/re/installed it many times with ap-get, app man and app downloader. i have used both the mobile and 480 qualities and i have tried a lot of different videos ... same result : blank screen.

What to do next?

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
It's just a string encoding issue. They haven't changed the streams, but the url encoding is different, so it is processed incorrectly. It's a simple fix.
heres your answer

Originally Posted by gheil View Post
Originally Posted by shnigi View Post
My cutetube just suddenly stopped working. When i press play video, it just shows me black screen ? What happened ?
i get the same result. i have un/re/installed it many times with ap-get, app man and app downloader. i have used both the mobile and 480 qualities and i have tried a lot of different videos ... same result : blank screen.

What to do next?
In App Man i added the catalogues extras-testing and extras-devel.

Now i get CuteTube 9.10.5 whereas before i got only 9.9.13

Still no Joy:-(

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Great App. Can I query when the new version will be coming out?

The Following User Says Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
HI,marxian.
i very like this program.
but in china we can't direct access youtube. because the GFW( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GFW ). sometimes i use GAppproxy(a proxy base Google App engine, http://code.google.com/p/gappproxy/)on N900.
i can use GAppproxy visit youtube.com

i modify youtubeservice.py.add GAppProxy to it,
now ,i can browse ,search,comment video.but i can't play the video.the GAppProxy log show visit :http://v23.lscache7.c.youtube.com/vi...************** http 1.1 403

the code 403

can you give me some suggest,what happen?? thank you very very much.sorry my bad bad english

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Originally Posted by gheil View Post
In App Man i added the catalogues extras-testing and extras-devel.

Now i get CuteTube 9.10.5 whereas before i got only 9.9.13

Still no Joy:-(

I was having the same problem, and found this in earlier threads (which I haven't read all the way through). But using the Power Search ... it came as the up first result. I had already starting looking for it on my n900 and thought hey why not make my life easier with a search....

Deleting the .conf file (I just did the whole folder) work for me. located /home/user/.config/Stuart\ Howarth/cuteTube.conf

Link

cheers

X

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xman View Post
I was having the same problem, and found this in earlier threads (which I haven't read all the way through). But using the Power Search ... it came as the up first result. I had already starting looking for it on my n900 and thought hey why not make my life easier with a search....

Deleting the .conf file (I just did the whole folder) work for me. located /home/user/.config/Stuart\ Howarth/cuteTube.conf

Link is http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=909473&postcount=671

cheersX
Great, that worked well!
[the eMail interface is better as it does not hide the link! Unfortunately it too is crippled, like all(?) forum eMail software:-(]

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
Great App. Can I query when the new version will be coming out?
The new version is pretty much complete, although it looks like I may need to use an external media player for video playback, due to the QML video component not working in Maemo 5. There are a couple of showstopping bugs I need to overcome before release though:

1. A mysterious segfault that occurs when attempting to download a video. It appears to be a problem with accessing the data model used to store the download list. This problem only occurs on the device. Everything works fine when testing in Qt Simulator.

2. After playing a video, any further attempts at getting a video url for playback result in a 403 (forbidden) response. Multiple downloads work fine.

Regarding video playback, I have filed a bug against QtMobility-Multimedia, but I'm not going to hold my breath while I wait for it to be fixed. :/ I'm continuing to work on the video playback UI for the Symbian version/Meego DE release/possible fix of QtMobility bug. I have also made some changes to the downloads view. It now works in a similar way to the Android notifications bar.

My website

GitHub

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Thanks for the updates. appreciated.

Tags
youtube