Here's some boring stuff like the partition table. The 16GB of storage breaks down like this:

p1 9GB /home/user/MyDocs
p2 4GB /
p3 2GB /home

When using the build and deployment tools, /opt is the default location for user installed apps, so that allowance has close to doubled from the n900. But remember , on the n900 /opt and python share the 2GB partition with /home through mount bindings, not so on the n950. I posted the dmesg in two parts over here.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 146 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ philly
in my opion this thing is gonna crash into a huge ball of flames if it aint doing 32gb or better. 16gb forget it.

iirc N9 was announced in 4 colours X 16 and 64 gigabyte versions.

N950 wont be sold.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by anim1 View Post
will i have to find a computer with windows xp os inorder to hard reset to factory settings?
1) N900 has "restore default settings" and "clear device" options.
2) I have never seen a pc that cannot boot a live cd (on a cd-rom or usb stick).

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by erendorn View Post
I have never seen a pc that cannot boot a live cd (on a cd-rom or usb stick).
I have... in a locked down, corporate environment. It's rare though.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
I like doing on-device development, but because of this aegis stuff I wasn't sure how far things could go, even in development mode. Anyway, here's an initial writeup of my first-phase success.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Can you speak about the Aegis security stuff? Or is that part covered in the NDA?

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Aegis seems incredibly annoying
lots of interesting info in that thread (you may have read it already, but still a good read for anyone)

The Following User Says Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
I think it's open source, and it's at the heart of the MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan security model. I don't know too much about it, but it locks the device down pretty good. For instance, you can't just recompile something and run it. You have to package and deploy it. Here's a good starting point if you're looking for something in-depth. My understanding is that some of the hooks are built into the kernel, but I don't know that anyone has successfully installed an aegis-free kernel yet.

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Whoopy f****ing doo, share it with the other 249 people who own harmattan.
LMAO!!

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
It is a dead, end of line abortion. An inkling of what the team behind the N900 were trying to create before they were buttfvcked and force to design the equally pointless N9.

Don't you get it? The N9 HAS NO FUTURE. The N950 HAS NO FUTURE. There will be no firmware updates and almost certainly no 'appz'. Everything that sucks about the N900 (see lack of support) this thing will embody. N9^N900 suck.

And now the creme de la crap.........
Creme de la crap. LOL! Fast becoming my favourite poster.

Agree with everything you said tbh. It makes me cringe when I see certain people demean themselves here all begging for little scraps of information about the stupid N950 phone. After all that has happened with the N900, you would think people would learn their lesson.

Last edited by JamesBond@ge; 2011-08-07 at 21:32.