Active Topics

Originally Posted by bstern View Post
I'd be happy to apply some of the patches floating around in b.m.o marked for diablo...
I just applied the hildon-games-wrapper patch from bug 3748 and built a package in scratchbox (1.0.17).

For those who are interested, I just used:

Code:
apt-get source hildon-games-wrapper0
cd hildon-games-wrapper-1.9.4
patch -p1 < ../hildon-games-wrapper-1.9.4.patch # patch from b.m.o
dch -i
fakeroot make -f debian/rules binary
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -k -sa
I've uploaded all of the details to a page I'm using to track my applied patches to Maemo, and I have also attached the resulting deb right here.
Attached Files
File Type: deb hildon-games-wrapper0_1.9.4-2_armel.deb (10.6 KB, 107 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to bstern For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
So any chance of getting some or all of the Diablo-turbo bits in the CSSU? I'm especially interested in getting a better kernel.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
I am still very interested in the inclusion in the SSU of the option to lock the desktop applets.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...950#post306950
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1046

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alephito For This Useful Post:
I don't understand what those patches do. I already have a "Drag Lock" item, with checkmark, in my N800's menu; and I don't want to see "(ON)" and "(OFF)" in place of the checkmark.

Originally Posted by alephito View Post
I am still very interested in the inclusion in the SSU of the option to lock the desktop applets.
Better patch here: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=418

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Qwerty12's version --with (ON) and (OFF)-- is persistant after a reboot. The previous version removed the checkmark after rebooting.

Is Jstokes's version persistant?

Originally Posted by alephito View Post
Is Jstokes's version persistant?
Yes, it is - I took qwerty12's modified patch (with the persistent state_ and brought back the checkmarks. It also contains the rest of Mitrandir's changes

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jstokes For This Useful Post:
I wanted to make a general comment of thanks for this project. The community SSU brought an easy way to install rotation support, and I've come to use portrait mode more than I expected. Now, any time I have a list of items or a portrait-shaped image on a web site or an Internet article with a thin column of text, I switch to portrait mode. I like using mobile versions of web sites, and many of them use screen space most efficiently in portrait mode. I've even been using programs like Canola (b/c of the list of artists or albums), gPodder (b/c of the list of subscriptions) and Panucci (b/c of the playlist) in portrait mode.

I also wanted to raise the profile of this issue:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=73763

Basically, the A-GPS program is referring to a defunct server. It would be nice if the community SSU could point it to a non-defunct server. I realize that not everyone might agree on which server to use, but would it be appropriate for the community SSU to provide a default solution for those who don't care?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buurmas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qole View Post
So any chance of getting some or all of the Diablo-turbo bits in the CSSU? I'm especially interested in getting a better kernel.
See this response from lma.

Originally Posted by bstern View Post
I've also attached the resulting deb right here. If there is a better way to distribute this stuff, please let me know.
If a particular patch would be useful to everyone, IMHO it would be ideal to get it delivered via the community SSU mechanism. I personally prefer to avoid downloading debs, as I tend to lose track of what I've done to my N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to buurmas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by buurmas View Post
If a particular patch would be useful to everyone, IMHO it would be ideal to get it delivered via the community SSU mechanism. I personally prefer to avoid downloading debs, as I tend to lose track of what I've done to my N810.
Please allow me to rephrase. Can tell me how to get these patches into the CSSU? I would be happy to contribute them if I only knew how. Until I find out, I will continue to post debs here and at the Maemo Software Development page that my employer runs.

The Following User Says Thank You to bstern For This Useful Post:

Tags
diablo, maemo 4