Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by RenaldoTT View Post
For the price in my country the Torch looks like a waste of time for me, low spec piece of garbage lol people only buy these things because "everyone" has one like other things that are done in society that people just do because "everyone's doing it".

Me I have my own brain.
So true man....so true ;-)

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
so it's obviously possible... but if it was easy we'd see it on meebo, fring, pidgin, palringo, etc.
what's the name of that app for iphone? i bet the blackberry phone had to install something to make it work

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ecuador
any update??

I think the easy way to have BB pin in the N900 is install NITDROID and then use the BB pin app for android, but it is not pratical

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Botswana, Gaborone
hey uhm i was just thinking, i am not a developer or any software guy , i was thinking isn't there a way of porting the BB operating system on to the N900 like how the android and others are .... then that would help with the BBM just as an idea .....

Originally Posted by JorgeFX View Post
Anyone has seen this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3QE-...eature=related
Hmm I would suspect this is a fake. I followed the link to the instructions and it did not work. And I think if it was real he would have put a video of how to get it working (like everyone on youtube does) rather than posting a fake link.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by juandp77 View Post
any update??
On what? The original poster, who isn't a programmer, porting source code that isn't available? One of the suggestions put forth to port other closed-source applications?

Originally Posted by BigGuy1992 View Post
hey uhm i was just thinking, i am not a developer or any software guy , i was thinking isn't there a way of porting the BB operating system on to the N900 like how the android and others are ....
BlackBerry OS is a proprietary, closed source operating system. That prevents anyone but RIM from making an actual port. Someone with a great amount of time and skill might be able to craft sufficient device drivers and other hacks to get Blackberry OS running on an N900, but the license for the OS likely forbids that.

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ india
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
On what? The original poster, who isn't a programmer, porting source code that isn't available? One of the suggestions put forth to port other closed-source applications?

BlackBerry OS is a proprietary, closed source operating system. That prevents anyone but RIM from making an actual port. Someone with a great amount of time and skill might be able to craft sufficient device drivers and other hacks to get Blackberry OS running on an N900, but the license for the OS likely forbids that.
thats completely true but what about porting something like whats app for the N900... its basically a BB app on the symbian phones so it is possible...
any thoughts

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Botswana, Gaborone
ok so how about a software that can run BB apps like an emulator then u can run BBM via that??

Tags
messaging, no you aren't, pingchat