Active Topics

Notices

hi there!
I've just updated XBMC from git (few hours ago), but xbmc-remote still tells me, that I should upgrade XBMC to version, newer tha 23.09

Any ideas?

Btw:
Code:
curl localhost:8080/jsonrpc -d '{ "id" : 18, "jsonrpc" : "2.0", "method" : "Application.GetProperties", "params" : {"properties" : [ "version" ] } }'
{"id":18,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"version":{"major":11,"minor":0,"revision":"b97d3177823a969cb7b0eb91125d8b19a15e1017","tag":"alpha"}}}
and:

Code:
user@N900 ~ % /opt/xbmcremote/bin/xbmcremote -d connection,files
connecting to "alpha" 
Files.GetShares: QMap(("media", QVariant(QString, "music") ) ( "sort" ,  QVariant(QVariantMap, QMap(("ignorearticle", QVariant(bool, true) ) ( "method" ,  QVariant(QString, "label") ) ( "order" ,  QVariant(QString, "ascending") ) )  ) ) )  
Files.GetShares: QMap(("media", QVariant(QString, "video") ) ( "sort" ,  QVariant(QVariantMap, QMap(("ignorearticle", QVariant(bool, true) ) ( "method" ,  QVariant(QString, "label") ) ( "order" ,  QVariant(QString, "ascending") ) )  ) ) )  
Files.GetShares: QMap(("media", QVariant(QString, "pictures") ) ( "sort" ,  QVariant(QVariantMap, QMap(("ignorearticle", QVariant(bool, true) ) ( "method" ,  QVariant(QString, "label") ) ( "order" ,  QVariant(QString, "ascending") ) )  ) ) )  
file:///opt/xbmcremote/qml/xbmcremote/fremantle/NowPlayingView.qml:140:5: QML Grid: Cannot specify anchors for items inside Grid
file:///opt/xbmcremote/qml/xbmcremote/fremantle/NowPlayingView.qml:238: TypeError: Result of expression 'currentItem' [null] is not an object.
file:///opt/xbmcremote/qml/xbmcremote/fremantle/NowPlayingView.qml:226: TypeError: Result of expression 'currentItem' [null] is not an object.
file:///opt/xbmcremote/qml/xbmcremote/fremantle/NowPlayingView.qml:227: TypeError: Result of expression 'currentItem' [null] is not an object.
file:///opt/xbmcremote/qml/xbmcremote/fremantle/NowPlayingView.qml:218: TypeError: Result of expression 'currentItem' [null] is not an object.
file:///opt/xbmcremote/qml/xbmcremote/fremantle/NowPlayingView.qml:159: TypeError: Result of expression 'currentItem' [null] is not an object.
Connected to remote host. Asking for version... 
sending command to  QUrl( "http://alpha:8080/jsonrpc" )  : "{ "id" : 17, "jsonrpc" : "2.0", "method" : "Application.GetProperties", "params" : { "properties" : [ "version" ] } }" 
QNetworkReplyImpl::_q_startOperation was called more than once
Connected to XBMC version: "" 
XBMC is too old! 
No connection yet, cannot disconnect. 
Disconnected 
timeouttimer hit for comman 18
So, can you drop out version checking to hell?

Last edited by mva; 2011-11-02 at 17:21.

I have the latest nightley from the ppa and xbmcremote complains that my installed version is too old. Is there a way to just ignore or skip the version checking?

I have released 0.6.1 today where I have disabled the version check. I will try to find some time tomorrow to make the version checking more reliable.

The Following User Says Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mzanetti View Post
I have released 0.6.1 today where I have disabled the version check. I will try to find some time tomorrow to make the version checking more reliable.
Thanks a lot! Can't wait for it to get pushed to the repository so I can try it.

Edit: The version of xbmc I have installed is 2.11.0-git20111103-0ubuntu1-ppa1-natty and is from the LP-PPA-team-xbmc-unstable/natty PPA.

Last edited by legoman666; 2011-11-05 at 14:31.

version 0.6.1 is working great! Thanks for editing the app.

The Following User Says Thank You to legoman666 For This Useful Post:
Hey ya all!

The MeeGo coding competition voting is running now! Don't forget to vote for Xbmcremote

Also, I'm wondering how many of you are using Xbmcremote on the N9. I guess the N900 users are still a lot more.

Thre reason I'm asking is that I'm currently working on NFC integration. You can stick NFC tags to your various Xbmc boxes and then only hold the N9 towards such a tag and Xbmcremote will automatically connect to the associated Xbmc. Anyone has other ideas for features for Xbmcremote?

The official xbmc remote app for Android is fantastic. There are some features it has that would be great to have on my N9 and a few that would just be nice.
1) thumbnails/album covers when scrolling through the list of movies/shows/music/etc.
2) the ability to quick scroll by dragging my finger down on the right side of the list (like the N9 contacts app)
3) A more fully featured "remote." Forward, back, up down, etc. Everything required to navigate on screen. (like the official app)
4) Keep the thumbnail in the "now playing" screen the correct aspect ratio.
5) the ability to select what shows up on the home screen or set a default selection, I don't have any pictures or music so I'd prefer it if the app when straight to the videos.
6) The official android app had a feature that integrated into the sharing api. If I clicked any Youtube links in the browser or from an email or whatever, I got asked if I wanted to play it on xbmc. This was a great feature that I used all the time. Is there any chance of getting this on the N9?

Keep up the good work!

Last edited by legoman666; 2011-11-12 at 15:32.

Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post
The official xbmc remote app for Android is fantastic. There are some features it has that would be great to have on my N9 and a few that would just be nice.
1) thumbnails/album covers when scrolling through the list of movies/shows/music/etc.
Done in 0.7.

2) the ability to quick scroll by dragging my finger down on the right side of the list (like the N9 contacts app)
Done in 0.7

3) A more fully featured "remote." Forward, back, up down, etc. Everything required to navigate on screen. (like the official app)
The current xbmc API is too limited to make this happen right now. Currently I support already everything that the API supports.

4) Keep the thumbnail in the "now playing" screen the correct aspect ratio.
Fixed. thanks

5) the ability to select what shows up on the home screen or set a default selection, I don't have any pictures or music so I'd prefer it if the app when straight to the videos.
Hmm... I'll think about that one.

6) The official android app had a feature that integrated into the sharing api. If I clicked any Youtube links in the browser or from an email or whatever, I got asked if I wanted to play it on xbmc. This was a great feature that I used all the time. Is there any chance of getting this on the N9?
I fear this is not possible on harmattan. If someone knows how to do that, please let me know.

The Following User Says Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mzanetti View Post
Done in 0.7.

Done in 0.7

The current xbmc API is too limited to make this happen right now. Currently I support already everything that the API supports.

Fixed. thanks

Hmm... I'll think about that one.

I fear this is not possible on harmattan. If someone knows how to do that, please let me know.
Cheers, thanks.

The andorid app's remote looks like this: https://g1.gstatic.com/android/marke...ote/ss-480-1-5

As far as I can see, the remote on the N9 has up, down, left, right, select, back and menu. I believe you have almost all of the same button actions as the Android app, but they're just spread out across Xbmcremote's UI. For example, on the now playing screen, there are pause, play, forward and reverse buttons. Why not add these to the remote screen as well?

As for sharing youtube links with xbmc, is there a way to tap into the sharing api on the N9? When I'm at a website, I can click the menu button then click "share this link." On my own device, the available options are facebook, text message and email. Would it be possible to add an option to share with xbmcremote, which would then parse the link, grab the unique video identifier, and pass it along to the YouTube XBMC addon?

Thanks so much for listening to my suggestions!

Hi!
i have a problem with xbmcremote.
i can connect to xbmc with it but everytime i try to play music, xbmc starts the title and the app closes. after that i cant open the app again. it opens and closes immediately. i have to reopen xbmc to get the app working on the phone again.
any ideas?
best regards