Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Annapolis, MD, USA
Originally Posted by vasvlad View Post
Give me more information about your problem.

Vlad.
I installed the weather app, and went to the config applets screen, and tried to adjust the settings, which I was able to do. The problem was when I was done with the config, I clicked Save and the config screen wouldn't go away. I tried to click Cancel, and the app wouldn't go away. I tried the swap button, and the listing of other windows would not appear. Yet, when I touched the screen I did head the sound effect, as I did when I clicked the buttons to save and cancel.

So I thought I should restart the device. The Nokia bootup logo shows up, the sound effect plays, then I am just stuck with the logo! Then after about 10 minutes the left panel appears, but without the menu icons. Then I see what looks like the outline of the om weather applet, then it disappears and again it's just the Nokia logo still with the left menu without icons. But the screen still makes the sound effect when touched, so the system is responsive to some degree.

Is there a way to remove the app in a single user mode of sorts? I wanted to flash the device, but the tablets-dev site won't accept my MAC addy to let me download the firmware. I did contact Nokia about this and I'm awaiting a response.

I'm sure your app is fantastic, and I'll try it again once/if I get my device to work again! I liked how the location settings had a GPS option... cool!

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Abuja, Nigeria
i tried the omweather on my nokia 810 but it didnt update any weather detail. but am behind a proxy server. goes omweather work with network proxy. if not could you please add proxy support. thanks

My Blog

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Originally Posted by bigbrovar View Post
i tried the omweather on my nokia 810 but it didnt update any weather detail. but am behind a proxy server. goes omweather work with network proxy. if not could you please add proxy support. thanks
Omweather does work with proxy. But it doesn't work if you must using login and password for you proxy.

Vlad.

Originally Posted by rjzak View Post
I installed the weather app, and went to the config applets screen, and tried to adjust the settings, which I was able to do. The problem was when I was done with the config, I clicked Save and the config screen wouldn't go away. I tried to click Cancel, and the app wouldn't go away. I tried the swap button, and the listing of other windows would not appear. Yet, when I touched the screen I did head the sound effect, as I did when I clicked the buttons to save and cancel.

So I thought I should restart the device. The Nokia bootup logo shows up, the sound effect plays, then I am just stuck with the logo! Then after about 10 minutes the left panel appears, but without the menu icons. Then I see what looks like the outline of the om weather applet, then it disappears and again it's just the Nokia logo still with the left menu without icons. But the screen still makes the sound effect when touched, so the system is responsive to some degree.

Is there a way to remove the app in a single user mode of sorts? I wanted to flash the device, but the tablets-dev site won't accept my MAC addy to let me download the firmware. I did contact Nokia about this and I'm awaiting a response.

I'm sure your app is fantastic, and I'll try it again once/if I get my device to work again! I liked how the location settings had a GPS option... cool!
Please contact me personally email vlad (@) gas.by or jabber vlad (@) gas.by I will try to help you.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ mid gulf coast florida
Hello:
I just tried to add a station and noticed that the drop-down menus are not visible (770 os2006). It seems like the menu is active (partial box appears inside the selection area) but is unusable.

Also it seems that the sunrise/sunset times are only correct for the current day ... this is a very minor quirk

This is still one of the best programs for the I.T. keep up the good work

Originally Posted by n9ots View Post
Hello:
I just tried to add a station and noticed that the drop-down menus are not visible (770 os2006). It seems like the menu is active (partial box appears inside the selection area) but is unusable.

Also it seems that the sunrise/sunset times are only correct for the current day ... this is a very minor quirk

This is still one of the best programs for the I.T. keep up the good work
Did you install the package
omweather-weather-com-stations-db_0.1 ?

What did you mean in the phrase "the sunrise/sunset times are only correct for the current day" ?

Best regards
Vlad.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
With version 0.21.4 I still loose my set background color after rebooting my N800.

Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
With version 0.21.4 I still loose my set background color after rebooting my N800.
Den I confirmed this bug.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ight=omweather
https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...id=93&atid=417

This bug will be fixed in version 0.21.5. It will be released on November 20.

Best regards,
Vlad.

vasvlad, thanks for the fix in v 0.21.5. After a reboot. I now retain my background color.

vasvlad, just one tiny problem with v 0.21.5. When in the "Display" configuration tab, if I click "Show only current weater on first icon" then during the day the first icon is the "sun" but the second icon is always the "moon". This problem remains even after a reboot.

Name:  screenshot02.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  24.9 KB

Last edited by Den in USA; 2008-11-20 at 15:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:

Tags
omweather, update