Notices

can't wait

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
Is there any indication on when we might start seeing some of these games released on the N900? If so, posting that information on the original post might be helpful to anyone who stumbles on this thread and is interested in following the development (without following all of the individual posts in a huge multi-page thread)

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Kingston Jamaica
cool... looks sweet

Is it possible to tell when we can except to see the first demo or the like? Since Zen Bound was showcased in MWC '10 I guess it can't be that far off... or are you waiting for Ovi Store to support paid apps (which may be present in PR1.2)?

Anyway, it's nice to have your support!

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 637 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Things are still very much in flux, and the games are going through QA cycles. Obviously support for paid apps is important for us since we intend to sell our games

So we're still in a situation where it's too early to bang the drums about any particular dates.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Frand For This Useful Post:
Umm what happened to this???

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by Diavoli View Post
Umm what happened to this???
waiting for PR 1.2
-> fixed Ovi Store
-> commercial games possible

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Just let me purchase a .deb file with hardcoded encrypted IMEI with paypal... We don't need ovi store (:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eitama For This Useful Post:
Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
AFAIK No. 30%/70% is for credit cards. With operator billing you get between 50%/50% and 40%/60% depending on item value (see 4.4 of Ovi Publisher Terms & Conditions).
Is it me or are these percentages a bit high?

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
@eitama - No idea why more devs aren't doing this, you're totally preaching to the converted.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.