Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Ok, dug out the details. Here's the previous attempt at an app like this:

http://www.mulliner.org/bluetooth/xkbdbthid.php

And I had it backwards: Apple requires that the keyboard support MORE than just "boot mode". if you search for "Mac" on that page, you'll find this note:

"Supports ONLY Boot mode (this means no support for MacOSX, yet!)"

Since it's also based on the BlueZ library, I don't know if it's a library limitation, or something else. But, there's all the info I have :-}

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Yeah, and you don't want to see it either. You only want to control the remote device. You can control the remote device, and Fennec can run on a non-N810 as well. So say you use the NIT to control the remote computer. My point here is: if you run applications on the remote computer made for touch screen (like Fennec instead of Firefox) you greatly improve the control/usability.
How is what you're talking about not covered by running VNC on the remote device?

What's being discussed here is not remote desktop control. What's being discussed here is a Bluetooth HID application.

Now, if what you're saying is "the remote device can't run a VNC server, because it's a Symbian phone" or something similar, then what you need to look for is a Bluetooth BIP application, using Bluetooth BIP's ability to remotely display a device's screen (probably one that mixed Bluetooth HID and Bluetooth BIP, so you could use the N810's keyboard and dpad while viewing the phone's screen on the N810). If that's what you want, then say so coherently instead of blathering on in 10 different directions at once.

I would agree that seeing an application like BlueMaemo that included Bluetooth BIP's ability to capture the remote device's screen would be QUITE useful. But unless you're asking to see BIP added to this app, you're barking up the wrong tree, and doing so in a barely coherent manner.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Fennec on a PC controlled by BlueMaemo... And what would be the intention behind that?
That you use the Nokia touch screen (which a PC doesn't have) to scroll instead of having to use its scrollbar.

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Just, fyi, the maemo.org logo with the gradient isn't valid. Use one from the trademark page instead.

The ".org" part of the logo isn't really visible, which is kind of a no-no, too.
I will remove the logo in the next release, if this is a problem.

Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
Ok, dug out the details. Here's the previous attempt at an app like this:

http://www.mulliner.org/bluetooth/xkbdbthid.php

And I had it backwards: Apple requires that the keyboard support MORE than just "boot mode". if you search for "Mac" on that page, you'll find this note:

"Supports ONLY Boot mode (this means no support for MacOSX, yet!)"

Since it's also based on the BlueZ library, I don't know if it's a library limitation, or something else. But, there's all the info I have :-}
The "Boot Mode" is a definition on the service records of the device in order to connect automatically the devices on the PC boot process. BlueMaemo have this mode defined, I need to do some debugging to figure out the error (I don't have a OSX machine).

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Ok Silly question:

Everything works great with the initial connection (N800 + XP Pro SP3).

How do I shut down the connection so that subsequent connections are automatic?

If I exit BlueMaemo (big red X Lower left Corner), Then when I go to restart later it hangs on "Waiting for COnnection..."

The only way I have found to "fix" this and connect again is to delete the BT device in XP and re-Add it via the Wizard...

Please tell me that there is a better way

TIA

Snoshrk

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Originally Posted by Snoshrk View Post
Ok Silly question:

Everything works great with the initial connection (N800 + XP Pro SP3).

How do I shut down the connection so that subsequent connections are automatic?

If I exit BlueMaemo (big red X Lower left Corner), Then when I go to restart later it hangs on "Waiting for COnnection..."

The only way I have found to "fix" this and connect again is to delete the BT device in XP and re-Add it via the Wizard...

Please tell me that there is a better way

TIA

Snoshrk
The reconnection feature isn't implemented yet, so the device don't reconnect again.
In some windows stacks is possible to reconnect without pairing the device again, the process are something like this:
1- Click in the bluetooth icon in the tray and choose "Show bluetooth devices"
2- Click in the device already paired and a menu list will appear, one of the options are "connect".
Note: this is not standard across windows xp systems, I already seen systems with and without this feature.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Thanks for the quick response!

I was guessing it was something along those lines.

Keep up the great work and Thanks again for a great program

Sno

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
That you use the Nokia touch screen (which a PC doesn't have) to scroll instead of having to use its scrollbar.
But why Fennec? It doesn't HAVE any scrollbar...

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
I will remove the logo in the next release, if this is a problem.
Nah, it's not a problem (the trademark usage is still undefined and it is a community logo), you just gotta use the right one.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:

Tags
bluemaemo, bluetooth, hid