Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
@Dotblank: Will logging in(and retrieve playlists and such) work in a near future? Also a way to browse the playlist by cover art like in the Grooveshark client would be cool.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ToJa92 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 121 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Tokyo, Japan
Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
@Dotblank: Will logging in(and retrieve playlists and such) work in a near future? Also a way to browse the playlist by cover art like in the Grooveshark client would be cool.
That would be really great

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Kent, UK
Thanks for bringing this to Maemo - works great for me and am looking forward to the next update. It took me a while to work out that the reason I was getting no sound at first was because I had the silent profile on - might be worth editing the first post to draw new users' attention to this quirk.

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Rochdale UK
Can you create playlists on the fly with Groovshark or do you still need to make playlists from a spotify client at home ?

Please follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/marcdixon

Originally Posted by marcdxn View Post
Can you create playlists on the fly with Groovshark or do you still need to make playlists from a spotify client at home ?
What do you mean with Spotify? You cant log in yet, so you cant retrieve playlists that way.. And I dont think its possible to save playlists on the device yet either.

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Rochdale UK
Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
What do you mean with Spotify? You cant log in yet, so you cant retrieve playlists that way.. And I dont think its possible to save playlists on the device yet either.
Playlists are never saved to the device or pc they are saved to your login details with Spotify.

Please follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/marcdixon

Originally Posted by marcdxn View Post
Playlists are never saved to the device or pc they are saved to your login details with Spotify.
grooveshark is unrelated to spotify... Two completely different services. Spotify being a legal music subscription service with a more limited selection of music (i think) than grooveshark. Grooveshark requires no login and basicly allows anybody to stream music free of charge. And as the name implies is of legally questionable nature.

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Hi dotblank,

I've sent you another few patches. I'd appreciate if you could apply them.

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 253 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Virginia
Just updated the GUI. It may take some time for auto-builder to push them out.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dotblank For This Useful Post:
Just tried it out, looks nicer but some things I'd think would be good changes:
Shift state of pause button to a play icon so you know whether the song is paused or not
The wrench icon does not do anything(perhaps it's for settings?)
Also the playlist icon does nothing(also, a different icon would be better IMO, looks more like a book than a playlist)
And showing "Now Playing: <artist> - <title>" in small(maybe 8 or 9 pixels) text on the top along with the % buffered would be awesome
And maybe sorting of song and artist columns(showing album would be good to)
Also resize the little bar on the bottom, it takes up more space than the button uses = less space for playlists
And enter does not work to search anymore
And maybe you can do it like this: If you press enter to search it will jump to the first entry so you can navigate using the keyboard and press enter to play?

EDIT: Oh and log on support would be great, but I guess you may be already working on that part?

Nice work by the way, very appreciated.

EDIT2: The [X] to the left of the search box should be moved to the far right too, IMO

Last edited by ToJa92; 2010-07-22 at 18:55.