Notices

I don't know about big money, but I'd pay the same $2.99 I paid for Plants vs. Zombies on my other device. Maybe it's a User Agent thing, but I can't get the free Flash version running on my n900.

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by garyc2010 View Post
hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

yes i *really* did laugh that much, heres a hint for n900 fanboys, DONT bring up the iphone when comparing the n900 apps.

*why* have such a STUPID fantasy thread such as this, like who the hell is going to develop games for the n900, none of the mainstream devs thats for sure.

Like $100 OMG !!!!!! that smaks of desperation !!!!

http://www.gamepro.com/article/featu...-iphone-games/

ps I noticed zen bound was out last year for iphone

lol $100
I feel your post deserves a reply...

I was at D8 in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA listening to Steve Jobs speak and he said something that caught my ear;

Q: Is the tablet going to replace the laptop? Tell me what you think about where it's going?

Steve Jobs on Tablets at D8 June 1, 2010:
When we were an agrarian nation, all cars were trucks because that's what you needed on the farm but as vehicles started to be used in the urban centers and America started to move into those urban and then suburban centers cars got more popular and innovations like automatic transmission, power steering, and thing you didn’t care about in a truck as much started to become paramount in cars and now, probably I don’t know what the statistics are, maybe 1 out of every 25 vehicles, 30 vehicles is a truck where it use to be 100 per cent. PC’s are going to be like trucks. There still going to be around, there still going to have a lot of value but their going to be used by one out of X people. I mean personal computers. This transformation is going to make some people uneasy people from the PC world, like me, because the PC has taken us a long ways.
http://d8.allthingsd.com/20100607/st...cut-interview/ - @44:00

With the advent of the first generation iPhone, all smart phones tried to become more simplistic; an easy to use UI, closed off OS, etc. Most smartphones including the iPhone have strayed very far from computer ancestors. The exception being the Nokia N900 with it's open Linux based Maemo 5 OS. Much more like a computer; the ability to gain root into the file system, SSH clients/servers, web servers, VNC viewers, Debian LXDE, etc. So many Linux games and applications can and have been ported to the N900.

The Nokia N900 remains the ultimate nerd/computer/open source/expandable phone. I personally love having a truck (workhorse) in my pocket!

With that being said, there are some games for the iPhone that I have plaid. However, due to a lack of psychical keys, the App Store, and a bunch of other things porting games to the iPhone isn't as feasible as the N900. I have plaid Need for Speed on a PS2 and I have plaid the one on the iPhone - they are not the same game, hate to break it to you. Bounce is more complex than Needs for Speed on the iPhone.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to xxxxts For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xxxxts View Post
I feel your post deserves a reply...

I was at D8 in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA listening to Steve Jobs speak and he said something that caught my ear;

http://d8.allthingsd.com/20100607/st...cut-interview/ - @44:00

With the advent of the first generation iPhone, all smart phones tried to become more simplistic; an easy to use UI, closed off OS, etc. Most smartphones including the iPhone have strayed very far from computer ancestors. The exception being the Nokia N900 with it's open Linux based Maemo 5 OS. Much more like a computer; the ability to gain root into the file system, SSH clients/servers, web servers, VNC viewers, Debian LXDE, etc. So many Linux games and applications can and have been ported to the N900.

The Nokia N900 remains the ultimate nerd/computer/open source/expandable phone. I personally love having a truck (workhorse) in my pocket!

With that being said, there are some games for the iPhone that I have plaid. However, due to a lack of psychical keys, the App Store, and a bunch of other things porting games to the iPhone isn't as feasible as the N900. I have plaid Need for Speed on a PS2 and I have plaid the one on the iPhone - they are not the same game, hate to break it to you. Bounce is more complex than Needs for Speed on the iPhone.
Well said mate!

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Rota Land
lol 100. thats too much.

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ International
I would just be happy with EV Nova...
My Favourite posts!
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=539
http://forums.precentral.net/2674180-post149.html
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=500
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=63720

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Veitshöchheim, Germany
an xbox emulator so i can play all those nice dead or alive games

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Well, I don`t ask much.:
Gta IV ( ultra high mode )
Red Dead redemption ( I mean, a ps3 emulator maybe )
Also Fallout 3 wouldn`t be bad!!!

Now, to the real deal.:

there are a few games I would love to have in my pocket, like Age of Empires I and II, Kotor I and II, geoff crammond GP4, and open source flight simulator game, The sims ( the first series ), Sim City 3000....
I would spare a few bucks on these...

The Following User Says Thank You to luiscesjr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
COD modern warfare 2

age of empires 2 would be awesome, call of duty 1, .....

Phantasy Star Online. With online, obviously.

Would be heaven to me...

Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
Games for my pocket? I would be happy with something that will keep my brain a bit heated, games like NFS and COD are cool but I prefer some puzzel game. I'm not sure about price since when it comes to currency exchange, I pay 6 times American figures and 10 times EUROPEAN. Well usually