Posts: 726 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Trisk3lion View Post
If I connect with a usb cable and enter mass storage mode i can't access the right folders or is there an other usb mode i dont know about?
Then you do it in, you know, two steps.

First you copy the files to MyDocs and then you move them to wherever you want them.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 408 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Austria
Thanks for the instructions, WhiteIce!

Two quick questions, though:
  • From the post prior to the instructions, I take it that both them and the config file will work on the N900?
  • Will simply changing the bg2 to bg1 in the config file make it work with BG1, or will I have to tinker with the rest of the settings for that?
    (Couldn't find my BG2 box, so I thought let's do it the right way and just start replaying from the beginning... )

I'm really looking forward to giving this a try this weekend!

Originally Posted by Joorin View Post
Then you do it in, you know, two steps.

First you copy the files to MyDocs and then you move them to wherever you want them.
I solved it at last, the porblem was that i was always connected to OpenSSH and usb mass storage at the same time so i couldn't see the directory where i copied the bg2 files over usb in my ftp client.
So i justed plugged the usb out and it showed up, then i could move the files to their correct location.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Poland, Białystok
I take it that both them and the config file will work on the N900?
If I understood what you mean: yes.

Will simply changing the bg2 to bg1 in the config file make it work with BG1, or will I have to tinker with the rest of the settings for that?
Yes. Put the bg1 files into bg2 folder(if you don't do it you will have change more in config files), change the "GameType" in config file to bg1 and you can play

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Texas
Im trying to get BG1 working wich files do i need from the cd's? Should I install it then use those files or do i only need the cd1(cd2, cd3 etc.) dir?

Cobra install bg1 on PC and just copy ALL game files to bg2 folder on your n900.

I just got it working at last, so damn nice! This has been like a little dream to me to get to play my favorite game on the run!

Baldur's Gate 2 runs pretty fine at 850mhz but the sound is still hacking abit and because i have a swedish N900 i can't use up and down arrows as those don't have their own keys like the us/uk verisions do.
I'm maybe gonna do some promoting on the gemrb forums to have them program the ability to right click using ctrl+left click, would probably work pretty good for us.

Have anyone compared the speed of BG2 to BG1 and Icewind Dale? Is it faster or the same?

but the sound is still hacking
You used my configs? For me it work nearly perfect on 900mhz (yea it was buggy at many times, but come on... be happy that it is at all )

Is it faster or the same?
It's nearly the same. Maybe Icewind Dale slightly faster(and more bugged ).
Didn't play on n900 for too long BG1 to compare it to the sequel.

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Texas
Originally Posted by Magik View Post
Cobra install bg1 on PC and just copy ALL game files to bg2 folder on your n900.
thanks for your help but I cant get it to work. Is there a specific version that works?

edit:

usr/bin $ gemrb
GemRB Core Version v0.6.0 Loading...
[Core]: Initializing the Event Manager...[Core]: Initializing Variables Dictionary...[OK]
[Config]: Trying to open GemRB.cfg [NOT FOUND]
[Config]: Trying to open /home/user/.gemrb/gemrb.cfg [OK]

**cannot open**
[Core]: Cache path ./Cache doesn't exist, not a folder or contains alien files!
[Config]: Trying to open /usr/etc/gemrb.cfg [NOT FOUND]
Press enter to continue...
/usr/bin $

Last edited by Cobra; 2010-07-08 at 22:23.

thanks for your help but I cant get it to work. Is there a specific version that works?
Did you put config file in the right place?

7. Create folder for gemrb.cfg to reside in by using command ->
mkdir /home/user/.gemrb/
8.Download gemrb.cfg from
http://www.4shared.com/file/ZD6jG2_J/configi.html

9. Move gemrb.cfg to /home/user/.gemrb/gemrb.cfg by using command -> mv gemrb.cfg /home/user/.gemrb/
*Take note, you must be at the directory where you first placed gemrb.cfg like e.g. /home/user/MyDocs/Downloads