Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Just make sure your remote control software has a nice bright theme, and it will be better than most remotes, because it will be nice and bright in the dark room.

I use the screen of my N800 all the time as a kind of flashlight to find my way around dark rooms.
I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one that does that.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
iTunes integration.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Think bigger! iPhone App Store integration (via iPhone OS emulation layer)!

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
iTunes integration.
eeks who the hell would want itunes integration?

Drag and drop > itunes...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sachin007 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Australia
Originally Posted by nowave7 View Post
To be able to hook it to an LCD would be great, and thus turn it into a full fledged computer!
I rekon this is the future of mobile computing! Screens are everywhere & your computer is in your pocket (but limited by screen size for serious computing)! Connect and compute. And the connection oughta be wireless...USB, BT,WiFi, et al. Initially I suppose with a dongle on the screen side. Nokia have been workin on summit lyk this...but cant remember where i saw it!

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@qole: most media remotes are targeted for dark room operation though.. you wouldn't want to be blinded by your remote

@sachin: you can do drag&drop operations on itunes as well, but the reason that many other media managers copy itunes is the additional functoins it provide.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Indiana
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one that does that.
Shyah! It's the best and brightest I have. The cell does okay, the BB better, but a nice browser homepage on the N800 for preventing toe damage after leaving the desktop- no need for an LED keychain. Good thing there isn't a 120v 2-prong plug on the tablet or I'd buy a 6-pack o' NITs and use them around the house. I jest...don't I?

I doubt the new device will have IR of any sort, but that'd be my pick for an Easter egg choice. If NFC would have significant value in our lives in the "right now", I'd be up for that too. Last I checked no magical NFC grocery store opened up near me.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
@qole: most media remotes are targeted for dark room operation though.. you wouldn't want to be blinded by your remote

@sachin: you can do drag&drop operations on itunes as well, but the reason that many other media managers copy itunes is the additional functoins it provide.
Oh ok.. but my first experience was very bad. I was trying to add some songs from my laptop into a friend's ipod and it said that it had to sync the ipod to my laptop..... which meant that all the songs in the ipod would be replaced by the songs in my laptop. I was surprised and assumed that there would be some other way to just add a few of my songs... i was so frustrated that i swore i will never use it again.!

Looking through the pictures I would like to add 2 more things that could be cool easter eggs: a return of the fm reviser for auto tuning the fm transmitter, and thermal sensitive back and menu button.

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Well, Sachin probably meant drag and drop without any needs of itunes or similar such software.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vkv.raju For This Useful Post: