Notices

Originally Posted by deans6571 View Post
......I've been trying this again today but it still not letting me sign in?! This is very odd because it's still not giving me the spinning icon to show that at least it's trying to sign in...??? And also, the 'Advanced' tab is still showing absolutely NO options whatsoever - the whole 'Advanced' tab is just a black box - there are no white boxes to enter ANY settings...?! Is the app corrupt or something?!
......anyone know how I can contact the developer of this app cos this still isn't working for me? I'm still just getting no activity from the plug in whenever I try to sign in + the advanced tab is still completely blank..??!

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
......anyone know how I can contact the developer of this app cos this still isn't working for me? I'm still just getting no activity from the plug in whenever I try to sign in + the advanced tab is still completely blank..??!
Looking at the package page, it would appear that it's maintained by rabbitrun84 - you should be able to send him a message/email from there.

.....I've hit a brick wall with this one it seems! No joy from the developer - he hasn't replied!!!

Can anyone shed any light on this why the plug in doesn't seem to be working...?! Is it working for you or is it just me...?!

.....I've hit a brick wall with this one it seems! No joy from the developer - he hasn't replied!!!

Can anyone shed any light on this why the plug in doesn't seem to be working...?! Is it working for you or is it just me...?!
It is working for me. However, I also had the problem that it wouldn't sign in in the beginning. I then tried again after some weeks and suddenly it worked. I'm not sure what changed during those weeks - maybe I had installed the PR1.1.1 update in that period but I really don't remember. So I can't really help :/

And yes, the author is very invisible here and doesn't seem to spend too much time here helping with the issues.

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Originally Posted by grog View Post
I've changed this option back-n-forth several times & don't notice any difference. I have noticed that it seems that old messages are only retrieved when there aren't any new ones. The times when there are new messages it'll only retrieve & report the new one(s).

I had left the timeline contact open overnight & there were over 300 new messages, but I could see that they were the same block of old ones, retrieved over and over again. So it doesn't make a difference if I clear the current messages or not.
Originally Posted by generationally View Post
And yes, the author is very invisible here and doesn't seem to spend too much time here helping with the issues.
That's too bad. I'd like to see if if it's just something wrong I'm doing with my issue too. I like the idea of this plugin, but with the messages building up like they are for me, it makes it kinda unusable.
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

I've finally got the plug in to work - however, I don't seem to be able to view my timeline from it?! Is this purely JUST when people @reply or @mention you or is possible to view tweets from people I am following as well?!

This app would be great if it were reliable.

I can sign in fine. But it hardly ever seems to receive my tweets. I can send them fine. I checked through the settings and it constantly "forgets" them and I have to re-enter all the advanced settings.

I've finally got the plug in to work - however, I don't seem to be able to view my timeline from it?! Is this purely JUST when people @reply or @mention you or is possible to view tweets from people I am following as well?!
.....finally figured out how to view my timeline! Once the plug in logs you in as 'online', if I go to my 'contacts', I seem to have an extra one called 'timeline' (or something similar) - tapping on that seems to load it up!

the people I am following, however, don't seem to have their pics displayed...?! Think I'll be sticking to Mauku for twittter for now - too many bugs in this plug in...!!

.....finally figured out how to view my timeline! Once the plug in logs you in as 'online', if I go to my 'contacts', I seem to have an extra one called 'timeline' (or something similar) - tapping on that seems to load it up!

the people I am following, however, don't seem to have their pics displayed...?! Think I'll be sticking to Mauku for twittter for now - too many bugs in this plug in...!!
Take in account that this plugin is out of date in every single way.

The underlying libraries that this plugin depends on are far updated in trunk.

We only need a new developer and mantainer :P

Last edited by clasificado; 2010-05-04 at 15:52.

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Edinburgh
This is how I WANT it to work. I don't want to see my timeline and I don't want it to download my entire friendlist to contacts. I just want it to download the contact who @mentions me if they're not in my list. If they are already there then great.

The dev has clearly jumped ship on this one, hope someone else can pick up the baton or even start from scratch. Would really like for this to work!