i didnt follow the steps given by J4ZZ ...will it be a problem ?? since i tried the direct method first and it worked fine i didnt go for J4ZZ's method.

Thanks a lot buddy for ur effort

guys one more doubt ..i got n900 through amazon USA and i dono exactly which Regional Update was present ....Unaware of that i previously flashed with PR 1.3 india version and i faced problems .. ..

Will this be the reason for all those problems i faced ?

so now hoping that i had initial settings to be USA Firmware, now i flashed with pr1.3 USA version.

is this right?

Last edited by youday4u; 2011-04-12 at 06:15.

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Firmware USA should be fine and glad you got your problems sorted out. Btw my little instrucitons were only for those how experienced problems with flashing the emmc.

Greetz,

..::J4ZZ::..

thanks a lot for your little instructions

I successfully reflashed n900 about 5 times on Windows 7 ultimate 64bit , sometimes I got "Suitable USB device not found" message but I tried again and worked fine .

guys it may sound weird but today i wore a tight jean and placed my n900 in the left side pocket.before placing my phone i sent a msg and phone was normal and after a while when i took i found message undelivered and also device memory full and my n900 gave the older problems.

i guess too much pressure over the phone could be the possible reason ..

is it possible that device memory full error could be caused by pressuring the phone ?

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Claustrophobic N900. :| Your N900 is just having panic attack...

What did you restore from backup?

ly contacts and nothing else..and downloaded and installed few apps from app manager

I´m not expert but there is little that you can do if internal memory is faulty.

Do you use external sd inside N900?
Have you overclocked N900?
Battery off, give it 10 minutes, put it back and see what happens.

Btw.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=63975
Has fsck but now that your device is booting it´s probably not helpful. Try to use power search and search for fsck and read those threads completely before doing anything.

Tags
stupid windows