Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
I set the flags as false for the plug-ins, but Flash vids and games still do not work. Youtube works, but I installed the Youtube add-in for that to work.

Anyone else having luck with Flash vids and games working?

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by TNiga View Post
Howto enable flash:
1. Go to URL "about:config"
2. Set filter "plugin"
3. Set "plugin.default_plugin_diabled" and "plugin.disabled" to false
4. Restart Firefox (I'm not sure if this is necessary)

How do you "set filter"?

I typed "plugin" and then changed the "plugin.default_plugin_diabled" to false (by pressing enter) and the "plugin.disabled" was already false.

Still not working for Flash content

Last edited by Rushmore; 2010-01-31 at 20:15.

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by AapoRantalainen View Post
Crtl+up / Ctrl+down works on my N900.
(not blue up and down arrow)
hmm... one more good thing about the microB, even though it doesn't officially support portrait, in landscape you can still zoom without opening the keyboard.

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Just installed Firefox and been playin' around with it a bit.

Early 1st impression...it's a 1.0 release for sure but shows real promise. Loads much slower than MicroB (hard to beat instantly) but as fast loading pages once it gets going. Handles some sites better than MicroB, particularly our company's webportal, a very Good Thing for me. Good looking fonts. Tabbed browsing is nice. I enabled Flash and it played some YouTube videos fine. No crashes in a hour or so of foolin' around.

On the other hand...bookmark management is poor. I can't find a way to organize bookmarks into folders and no import of bookmarks from MicroB. Very weird bug with the on-screen keyboard picking up stuff from the Notes app. No Firefox icon - or maybe that's just my installation, I can't believe they'd leave that out.

A big thanks to the Mozilla guys for making an effort to support Maemo. It's not ready to replace MicroB as my default browser, especially 'til they get bookmarks worked out. But I'm leaving it installed if for no other reasons than accessing the company webportal and piddle with as it develops.
Registered Linux user #266531.

Last edited by Crashdamage; 2010-02-01 at 02:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to Crashdamage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 233 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Mixu View Post
At least opening a link to a new tab works. Hold Ctrl when clicking a link for some magic Don't know about saving an image.
This is one of the big things for me, where Firefox excels over MicroB. I often want to open Digg and Reddit links and comments in separate tabs, because let's face it: the back button is very slow in all mobile browsers. Just like reloading the whole page with seemingly nothing cached. And "rightclicking" by long holding in MicroB seems to take forever...

Originally Posted by amok View Post
I also find Firefox Mobile kind of slow, but the main reason I am not using it is because my N900 reboots while browsing.

Did anyone else had any reboot issues?
Yes me too....

So n800 users are out of luck with these keyboard-only commands?

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Seattle, WA
Awesomebar + weave sync = pwnage.

Unforutnatley, MicroB is still faster and more usable, so I find myself using it most of the time. Now if MicroB just got those two features, and upgraded to Gecko 1.9.2, I would be in heaven.

i'm almost in shock from all the people crying about firefox releasing us a wonderful browser in this thread. Stop the whining and start contributing constructive feedback.

I'm amazed by the work done on the browser. it really suits my need, loads a lot of pages faster than MicroB, supports javascript so i can do online banking at last, and has a lot of handy navigation features. thank you firefox. waiting for more extensions and exiting updates.

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
about a 30-40s startup time for Fennec, once it starts up, browsing seems on par with MicroB.
I'll be sticking with MicroB since it starts up almost instantly