Notices

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
A new version of QtComponents for Fremantle is in Extras Devel. Would you try to upload Mieru to Devel depending on it?
I've already tested Mieru on Fremantle with the updated componnents package and it seems to work fine.

As for uploading do Extras-devel, some packaging work is still needed. For example, I need to present non-CSSU users with the old interface, as last time I tested the intreface was horrendously bugged with the old Qt & PySide versions. Also my N900 is already on CSSU, so I don't really have an easy way of testing on plain Fremantle. Would need to install the Maemo SDK + Xephyr combo probably.

A small note about Ovi store availability - I fixed a mistake in country-selection, which prevented Chinese users from downloading Mieru.

Mieru on the HP Touchpad@WebOS@chroot

I have succeeded in running Mieru on the HP Tuchped, under Web OS in Chroot.

It is using on-device compiled QtComponents (version from git, with libmeegotouch and other unnecessary dependencies disabled in configure, don't forget to change the hardcoded 854x480 screen size) with Blanco theme copied from MeeGo SDK. Other dependencies (Python, PySide, Qt) were readily available in the Ubuntu repositories.

It is unfortunately not very usable due to very slow and laggy page panning. Might be still quite usable for fit-page-to-screen reading though.

Video
Mieru on the HP Touchpad - Youtube video
HP Touchpad Chroot experiments - Youtube playlist

More images
Touchpad WebOS chroot experiments gallery
Mieru sub-gallery

Android port
As Mieru is not very usable in chroot under WebOS (see above), I'm now trying to get run natively under Android, using THP's PySide port.

You can track my progress on the Android porting page on modRana project wiki.

Web OS native port
There has been some early work on a native Mieru port for WebOS. I don't consider it a priority at the moment - much more stuff would neet to be compiled + ported (Qt compile, Python compile, PySide port, QtComponents port) and WebOS seems to be going down the drain, at least for the Touchpad.

Last edited by MartinK; 2012-08-04 at 19:34.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Any chance to package it for Fremantle?

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ China
good work~~~~~~~~

The Following User Says Thank You to mdbxh For This Useful Post:
Any chance to package it for Fremantle?
Packages from the Mieru OBS repository should work on CSSU with Fremantle.

Unfortunately, the new QML interface doesn't work very well with on Vanilla PR 1.3 Fremantle. As I don't want to upgrade all users of the old Clutter based interface to a new broken one, I need to make sure the Clutter UI is still working (shouldn't be very difficult as Mieru is designed to support many different GUI modules) and do some sort CSSU or Qt version detection, that would launch the Clutter UI for PR 1.3 users and the QML UI for users on CSSU.

After this is in place, I'd like to do regular releases to Extras, as with modRana.

BTW, some features that were recently added (and are available in the package from OBS):
  • localization support
  • Czech, German and Russian localization
  • manga mode
  • improved paging feedback
  • code cleanup

Main planed features: online repository support, Flattr button & whats new pop-up on significant updates.

Originally Posted by mdbxh View Post
good work~~~~~~~~
Thanks!

Last edited by MartinK; 2012-08-05 at 17:43.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Installed deb from OBS repo, but needed to install libzip1 as package depends on it.

Works great, only needed to blacklist the app on transitions.ini because i use forced rotation and it messed the app rotation.

The Following User Says Thank You to canseco For This Useful Post:
One problem I have with Mieru on the N9 is that, sometimes, I accidentally tap in the borders and move the comic backward or forward. For example when I'm changing the zoom level.

Would it be possible to implement a next/previous page by swiping from the borders? This could be optional and keep the tapping feature (for those that prefer it) by default.

When you are in full screen, you could disable global swiping in order to use the gestures for page changing, and re-enable it when showing the menu bar.

One problem I have with Mieru on the N9 is that, sometimes, I accidentally tap in the borders and move the comic backward or forward. For example when I'm changing the zoom level.

Would it be possible to implement a next/previous page by swiping from the borders? This could be optional and keep the tapping feature (for those that prefer it) by default.

When you are in full screen, you could disable global swiping in order to use the gestures for page changing, and re-enable it when showing the menu bar.
Ok, why not. I have created issue 49 on Github to track this proposal.

BTW, do you have some experience with and/or examples for handling swipe gestures in QML ?

Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
Ok, why not. I have created issue 49 on Github to track this proposal.

BTW, do you have some experience with and/or examples for handling swipe gestures in QML ?
Great!

You only need to define a QML Gesture Area and implement onSwipe method (with desired angle) as a trigger to launch the next/previous page action.

Beware that if the are is near the borders, you need to disable global swipe gestures in fullscreen more to avoid the "swipe to menu" feature while you are reading pages. You can reenable it when showing the toolbar. Check this post as an example, although it might be other ways to handle that.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post: