Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
He still need a PC. So any offer besides my N9 is still in question.
This is not a competition. This is to keep the best devs working. Nothing more, nothing less. Its my way of appreciation on how many of you helped me.
i was joking, dude :P

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
ok do we have a plan then?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
@nieldk
Great offer.
But I have no idea whether cepiperez is interested. I would like him to be a bit more verbose. And ofc he needs to accept!

Technically your offer is quite difficult to reach cepiperez. The last time a N9 was sent to Argentina it got lost in customs as import taxes are absurd high. So only chance would be to get it to.Argentina personally (any person,.there are some offers already) and have havet sent within Argentina.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
regarding a new "pc" i would like to remind that it may come cheaper to buy a 5 year old i5 2,4ghz 4Gb Thinkpad (x201) than to trace individual components.

I had one of those as christmas present to my business partner for only 169€

He may even have an advantage to be able to use his old display as a secondary!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
This thread gets colder than it should!
Originally Posted by rigow View Post
Current free import is $ 300 only.
EDIT: Answered by Kinggo further down, shipment makes no sense. And @noobismall was lucky with selling his Jolla as it seems. Plan b in further post.
What speeks against sending two insured shipments then?
I never have problems sending stuff to La Paz / Bolivia twice a year where my wifes sister is living via UPS, DHL and FedEx.
Ok, its only books and records but in my experience insured parcel makes a huge difference.

We would have one Laptop 170-250€ shipment and a phone shipment with n9 and Jolla worth 190€.

@noobismall already answered and his jolla is still available for 100€ plus shipping. He would be ok with more than one buyer and pay processes to his paypal account at a given time and than send the phone to our "middleman".

Buying noobismalls jolla only makes sense if we start planning towards a deadline of either shipment or middleman delivery.

If a plan is fixed i would even put the whole 100e plus shipment forward to save the phone from other buyers and wait for some other donations to push the rest 60€ back to me. no problem with faith on my side.
Could you guys with personal contacts traveling to Argentina try to find out rough dates. I think we need some sort of binding dates to tighten up commitments and make this happen!

Last edited by mosen; 2016-01-12 at 12:23.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
This thread gets colder than it should!

What speeks against sending two insured shipments then?
I never have problems sending stuff to La Paz / Bolivia twice a year where my wifes sister is living via UPS, DHL and FedEx.
Ok, its only books and records but in my experience insured parcel makes a huge difference.

We would have one Laptop 170-250€ shipment and a phone shipment with n9 and Jolla worth 190€.

@noobismall already answered and his jolla is still available for 100€ plus shipping. He would be ok with more than one buyer and pay processes to his paypal account at a given time and than send the phone to our "middleman".

Buying noobismalls jolla only makes sense if we start planning towards a deadline of either shipment or middleman delivery.

If a plan is fixed i would even put the whole 100e plus shipment forward to save the phone from other buyers and wait for some other donations to push the rest 60€ back to me. no problem with faith on my side.

Could you guys with personal contacts traveling to Argentina try to find out rough dates. I think we need some sort of binding dates to tighten up commitments and make this happen!
An excellent initiative! I suggest we move with this plan, as soon as Cepi confirms it is acceptable.

A request - I don't have paypal, etc., so would appreciate it if I could send my contribution to someone in the EU via direct bank transfer and they forward it ot Cepi. Of course, I could also use Western Union and send it directly to Argentina, but that would be a pity for the fees.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meow For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
trust me, you don't want to send anything in Argentina unless you are 200% sure that it will reach its destination. And with them, you never are.
The girl that now lives in UK is married for my friend (he is Spaniard), but while she was still living there we were sending her some documents that she needed to get married in the first place. With those documents we also sent some socks or something like that (worthless crap, not much than 30€ in value) with DHL and things got so complicated that she was never able to pick that up and at the end she had to get the documents in Spain where they got married and we get the package back some 8 months later.
And that is the short version of the story. And that is why you don't want to send anything there.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by meow View Post
I could also use Western Union and send it directly to Argentina, but that would be a pity for the fees.
I think its better to collect "intentions" first, then find ways for non paypalers and then everybody transfer money on a fixed date alltogether, either to middleman or to the ones organizing and sending the hardware to the travellers/middleman.

@noobismalls jolla seems to be sold, but no problem, we will find another one for ~100€, else i sell one of my 3 jollas in wage off possible intex devices coming

I guess from cepi giving thanks to all the latest post it can be interpretet safely as approval?.
As he has voiced, he is shy about asking again.
And thats totally ok with me. I know times where you have to even sell beloved hardware just to get some food. I can imagine its hard to not get wicked over losing it for nothing under much harder living conditions than we are blessed with :/

But as @peterleinchen voiced, a "ok" from cepis side would be awesome as confirmation.

Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
trust me, you don't want to send anything in Argentina unless you are 200% sure that it will reach its destination. And with them, you never are.
Maybe cepi could even tell if he could commute/travel to meet with our middleman in person to even avoid shipment within argentina? How much would it cost you to get a train ticket to get to BsAs/Cordoba?
We could donate the money to you directly so you can pick up the stuff in person!

Last edited by mosen; 2016-01-12 at 12:14.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
In case that a friends wife will be the "one" then someone from UK should handle everything since she lives in Bristol.
In that case, we should see if it is easier/better/more secure that she somehow handles delivery from Cordoba to BsAs or if Cepi has someone in Cordoba or a way to get it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,717 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Fundraising campain for CepiPerez:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1494558

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla