Active Topics

Originally Posted by billranton View Post
Settings>About Product

The version is listed there. Mine says PR1.1 (20.2011.40-4_PR_009) now but I'm not sure it said PR1.0 before. The version number will start with 10 for PR1.0.
Thansk V much (both!) - Yes it starts with a 10 so must still be PR1.0. Thanks. Will wait for the update!

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
My messages app no longer shows the names for any of my contacts. I can only see the number. However the contact avatar is there. Anyone else noticed this?

The contacts are all stored, with one number only having one contact but all i see now is +447........ for all the mobile numbers that have text me.
I hardly use my phone (to call / SMS anyway ) but after update I had a call and it only showed number, contact was in phone

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
I hardly use my phone (to call / SMS anyway ) but after update I had a call and it only showed number, contact was in phone
If it wasnt for the avatar's i have with each number I wouldnt know who is texting me. I also get the frequent no number when someone calls me bug.

Anyone logged this? or know where I can log this.

Another bug - twitter. I rarely use it to tweet but i've noticed recently if I try to retweet someone elses tweet i get an error saying "unable to retweet".

yes but the retweet works fine for me

Its not strange for bugs to be absent on some devices but present on others. Also not strange that a PR update brings with it new bugs whilst adding new features.

twitter bug was already here in pr 1.0

The Following User Says Thank You to clovis86 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
Originally Posted by Audrius View Post
Hi, for some reason I can't change my ringtone to a song that I've uploaded from pc. When I go to chose from my music, it doesn't show any songs ( I've deleted all the ones that were included out of the box). Any help?

Edit: works when disconnected from pc. Thunderstruck is already my ringtone!
I've had this problem before. Use a file manager to move them into the root folder, mine eventually showed up! I think its just buggy!

not sure i will ever get PR1.1 I have a denmark handset! not really keen on messing around with it! so still waiting...

Originally Posted by Grazy View Post
I've had this problem before. Use a file manager to move them into the root folder, mine eventually showed up! I think its just buggy!

not sure i will ever get PR1.1 I have a denmark handset! not really keen on messing around with it! so still waiting...
Flashing North Europe PR1.1 from NaviFirm to our Danish eBay N9 worked without any problems... I am happy PR1.1 owner since last week!

The Following User Says Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
I also get unable to retweet, but i get that on twitter.com as well, so im assuming it has nothing to do with the n9?

Then again if i look at tweets in my timeline i can see the tweet i tried to retweet from my n9, and it says "undo retweet", which wont undo anything since twitter.com doesnt show me having retweeted it at all.

"Undo retweet" turns briefly into "retweet", which when pressed says this:

"Your account may not be allowed to perform this action. Please refresh the page and try again."

Which doesnt help.

So it seems my n9 broke twitter.

The Following User Says Thank You to slai For This Useful Post: