Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Ok, confusion is possible. You don't have to add them, you have to edit contacts in your phonebook and add there the international prefix to the contacts. Close yappari (with quit button) and reopen it and you will see the contacts of the phonnebook wich already have international prefix.

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
As malkavian and the first post say, Yappari will only show contacts that are in international format (start with a plus sign +)

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
You have issues. I suggest you should go see a doctor.

In the meantime just don't use Whatsapp ever again, and be firm with your friends about that decision.
Woah.. How about everyone just chills out a little?

malkavian simply asked if you would consider implementing a feature to the Yappari client. If you don't want to do it, that's cool, it's your project. I haven't read anything from him criticising you for saying no.

Now, everyone's got different levels of their desired privacy, and what information they're ok with companies collecting. If any of you disagree with malkavian's personal level, that's fine, but I'm not sure where all the hate is coming from (not singling anyone out, people just seem hostile to his opinions).

For another data point, I would consider it a good feature of a program that allows this customisation of which numbers are sent to the whatsapp servers. Now, I'm not criticising you either, if you don't want to implement it.

I lean towards malkavian's viewpoint on this, though I don't hold so strongly to the principal (I don't use Facebook because of it, but I've never checked my mobile company's privacy policy - I've no doubt all the Singapore providers have equally awful ToS).

I'm not trying to tell any of you that you should feel differently about it, but maybe you guys can all have a little respect for other people's opinions?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karatestarfish For This Useful Post:
i am out of my state and my number is in roaming, yappari is not working in roaming mode.
how do i make it work.

thanks

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Istanbul TURKEY
uninstalled all the pros.. and installed java port and yappari again.. as our country code is +90, i've registered the numbers with +90xxxxxxxxxx.. in java port i can see the contacts but yappari still doesn't show them??? can't understand how can fix this problem?? thanks...

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@gr8rishabh,

Last weekend I was on another country (obviously roaming) and Yappari continued to work equally well.

You obviously are aware that Whatsapp/Yappari needs a GPRS/UMTS connection. That means you have to enable data while roaming. Check in the Settings/Phone/Data Roaming ("always allow" or "always ask")

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by gkhnkrts7 View Post
uninstalled all the pros..
I do not see any need for doing so, unless yappari did not run on your device.

Originally Posted by gkhnkrts7 View Post
in java port i can see the contacts but yappari still doesn't show them??? can't understand how can fix this problem?? thanks...
Do not expect yappari to show your contacts in the main window of the application, your contacts will show up when you press on "Create Chat".

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Istanbul TURKEY
All the pros that mean whatsapp java port and yappari
of course i know that i can see contacts under the "create chat" but there is no contacts or number shown .... I don't know what can i do...l

thanks for answer

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
If you read the first post you'll know why you can't see any contacts...

Hint: You need to modify your contacts

Hey Scorpius, thanks a lot for making this, I've wanted a Whatsapp client since I got the N900, two years ago ! I've been using Yappari for about 2 weeks now and I find it working pretty well . I had some small issues with it, but since version 0.0.15, everything is working nicely. I'm really looking forward to multimedia messaging

Greetings,
Jim

The Following User Says Thank You to Gorbatsjov For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp