Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Guildford, UK
Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
We love the Marxian! \o/
QFT!

cuteTube is a bloody brilliant youtube client, I use it daily and would be thoroughly bored on the bus to work without it!

The Following User Says Thank You to Crugath For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by Crugath View Post
QFT!

cuteTube is a bloody brilliant youtube client, I use it daily and would be thoroughly bored on the bus to work without it!
Same here. Best client I have ever used on any phone, even better than the video downloading extension thingy that I have on my Desktop PC Firefox. This app would make me think twice about changing to another phone because you an only get this on the N900 \o/.

(Not that I have any intention of changing phones)

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Version 0.9.10 is in extras-testing, earlier versions will not work due to a change in the YouTube video web pages. I have verified that 0.9.10 is working.

The QML version has one remaining bug that I need to fix before release. I'll be working on it today, so hopefully the release will be within a day or two (providing packaging goes smoothly).
will it have x hamster integrated? That will be awesome.

I preferred the Mplayer version but this is better than the YouTube in my iPod Touch! iOS never shows sponsored videos (because mobile devices don't see Google Ads > no revenue) like VEVO and other money-hungry channels!

BTW: is the current maximum stream resolution the only one the N900 can handle?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by dump View Post
will it have x hamster integrated? That will be awesome.
I have searching, playback and download of videos integrated for both X Hamster and YouJizz. What I may do is provide a plugin that can be installed separately to enable these features. Searching for adult content is implemented in a discreet fashion. You simply prefix the search query as follows:

xh: + query - for X Hamster search

yj: + query - for YouJizz search

This way, if you leave your N900 lying around and your girlfriend picks it up, she will not be able to easily discover that you have been watching pR0n.

The only snag is that not all videos will play acceptably on the device. It depends on the bitrate/resolution of the video. Most videos play fine, but some can be a bit jerky. The N900 seems to be a bit hit-and-miss with FLV.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-04-03 at 12:56.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tHMZ View Post
I preferred the Mplayer version but this is better than the YouTube in my iPod Touch! iOS never shows sponsored videos (because mobile devices don't see Google Ads > no revenue) like VEVO and other money-hungry channels!

BTW: is the current maximum stream resolution the only one the N900 can handle?
The QML version uses KMPlayer or Media Player to play videos, so I guess you will be happy about that.

The current maximum stream resolution (480x270 or 640x360 depending on the video) is as far as I can go on the N900. The Symbian^3 version will probably have playback upto 720p. For Meego, I guess it's a case of wait and see.

My website

GitHub

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
The QML version uses KMPlayer or Media Player to play videos, so I guess you will be happy about that.

The current maximum stream resolution (480x270 or 640x360 depending on the video) is as far as I can go on the N900. The Symbian^3 version will probably have playback upto 720p. For Meego, I guess it's a case of wait and see.
And about the "download failed" or it being stuck on queuing, what's up with that? Or have I been downloading the sponsored videos?

Originally Posted by tHMZ View Post
And about the "download failed" or it being stuck on queuing, what's up with that? Or have I been downloading the sponsored videos?
That could be an issue with following re-directs by YouTube. During testing for the QML version, I discovered this problem. I now have a 100% (more or less) success rate with downloads during testing.

The thing to remember is that the YouTube API does not provide for playback (except for Flash based applications) and download of videos, so it is not an exact science. One small change is all it takes to put me (and others) back to square one. :/

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Marxian, is support for vimeo.com possible?

I wan't to watch a 30 minute video on the go (train). And it would be great to download it before at home using my w-lan.

Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Marxian, is support for vimeo.com possible?

I wan't to watch a 30 minute video on the go (train). And it would be great to download it before at home using my w-lan.
I have no plans to extend the feature set of this version of cuteTube. Take a look at the new version.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
youtube