Posts: 131 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ India
Ok, which one you are going to buy next? I bought 808 and then now Xperia ZR.
Also check your N9 after few days by putting SIM in, in my case it works sometimes for 1-2 days before starting same issue again.

Originally Posted by suyog View Post
Ok, which one you are going to buy next? I bought 808 and then now Xperia ZR.
Also check your N9 after few days by putting SIM in, in my case it works sometimes for 1-2 days before starting same issue again.
Yeah, will try the N9 is a few days again. Until such time a basic handset will do duty. I'm not certain what to get next. The N9 has spoiled me :-P! I am thinking the Nexus 4 should be a nice option, there are some sweet deals on ebay.
Any particular reason why you bought the 808? Let me guess, photography!

Sorry about the OT, folks!

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Portugal, Porto
Will it work with n950?

Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by metRo_ View Post
Will it work with n950?
How you have N950 if you dont know this?

But yes you can flash it, but you need other firmware for N950 not N9 one.

Hi, I have an issue flashing, and I didn't find the right answer anywhere on the web.

First I have a product code 059L8L7 nowhere to be found. Anyway, I tried with several firmware 40.2012.21-3.313 which are the latest: france, germany, row and Mobitel telekomunikacijske (the nearest to my product code).

Everytime I get "Downgrade not allowed", but the variants used with those firmwares are 001, 005 and 009.

I don't know what to do next. I'm downloading the Australian firmware and one that I found on thread which worked for the OP who had the same issue. I will see if it work. But in the meantime, I'm asking here for help as I truely don't believe it will work !

The issue here is that my phone is in a reboot loop. The solution to mount the N9 on desktop with flasher doesn't work. It would have allowed me to put back the original system files. Now every boot present itself with the Nokia warranty warning, but it's normal as I understood.

So my only option is to flash the device, and it still doesn't work. I struggle finding the good firmware, so I ask you for advices.

In the hope there is a happy solution to all this ^^

BTW: I was attempting a zeroize of the device, so all data are already erased. Now my only possibility is a flash.

Last edited by sandy_locke; 2013-08-08 at 04:19.

Posts: 491 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Pordenone IT
--flash-only=ARG
what are the possible ARGs? eg i edied wrong a file in /usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch so i just need to reinstall base theme, is this possible? how? thanks

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by sandy_locke View Post
Hi, I have an issue flashing, and I didn't find the right answer anywhere on the web.

First I have a product code 059L8L7 nowhere to be found.
According to NaviFirm 059L8L7 is the "Swisscom CH Cyan 10G" variant. For some reason the latest firmware for it is 20.2011.40.4 which is fairly odd. Maybe Nokia thinks that Swiss do not deserve newer than PR1.1 releases?

What is the original Swisscom variant firmware you have on the device, is it later than the PR1.1?

Originally Posted by sandy_locke View Post
Anyway, I tried with several firmware 40.2012.21-3.313 which are the latest: france, germany, row and Mobitel telekomunikacijske (the nearest to my product code).

Everytime I get "Downgrade not allowed", but the variants used with those firmwares are 001, 005 and 009.

I don't know what to do next. I'm downloading the Australian firmware and one that I found on thread which worked for the OP who had the same issue. I will see if it work. But in the meantime, I'm asking here for help as I truely don't believe it will work !

The issue here is that my phone is in a reboot loop. The solution to mount the N9 on desktop with flasher doesn't work. It would have allowed me to put back the original system files. Now every boot present itself with the Nokia warranty warning, but it's normal as I understood.

So my only option is to flash the device, and it still doesn't work. I struggle finding the good firmware, so I ask you for advices.

In the hope there is a happy solution to all this ^^

BTW: I was attempting a zeroize of the device, so all data are already erased. Now my only possibility is a flash.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
According to NaviFirm 059L8L7 is the "Swisscom CH Cyan 10G" variant. For some reason the latest firmware for it is 20.2011.40.4 which is fairly odd. Maybe Nokia thinks that Swiss do not deserve newer than PR1.1 releases?

What is the original Swisscom variant firmware you have on the device, is it later than the PR1.1?
Yes, the firmware I have on the device is PR1.3, updated OTA. You know, that was exactly what I was afraid of: the firmware deployed onto my firmware variant has not been released by Nokia through Navifirm and I wont be able to flash the device... Still hope I'm wrong, though!

You think there's a solution for that ?

EDIT: I read that a flasher program called Phœnix could have a better chance to flash without this kind of issue. What about it ?

Last edited by sandy_locke; 2013-08-08 at 12:01.

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ India
Originally Posted by subhash.yadav View Post
Yeah, will try the N9 is a few days again. Until such time a basic handset will do duty. I'm not certain what to get next. The N9 has spoiled me :-P! I am thinking the Nexus 4 should be a nice option, there are some sweet deals on ebay.
Any particular reason why you bought the 808? Let me guess, photography!

Sorry about the OT, folks!
Nexus or such so called pure google phones are overhyped and crippled hardwares compared to other flagship phones by same manufacturers. Better to buy Samsung, Sony or HTC flagship phone.
I always feel customizations which these manufacturers add over stock android are useful and hardware is always better.
I got Sony Xperia ZR and happy with it, sold 808 after 8 months.

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by lorenzo View Post
--flash-only=ARG
what are the possible ARGs? eg i edied wrong a file in /usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch so i just need to reinstall base theme, is this possible? how? thanks
Nope, you cannot flash only one file.
Here are the options you can pass to the flash-only parameter:
Code:
$ ./flasher --flash-only=help
flasher 3.12.1 (Oct  5 2011) Harmattan
ERROR: Valid --flash-only options: nolo,kernel,moslo,initfs,rootfs,cmt,mmc,tar
ERROR: Error processing option

The Following User Says Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:

Tags
flashing, nokia n9