Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Now for a post more in-line with the casual banter (water-cooler) nature of this thread

I hope something like this can be implemented eventually using the N9's DLNA daemon/server
http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/07/r...-brings-split/
It has that 802.11an waiting to be exploited, not sure if even the iP4S has 802.11an??

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
for those that underestimate and dislike Qualcomm. I'm looking at you mikecomputing

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4940/q...t-architecture

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hotnikkelz For This Useful Post:
Yikes dual-band 802.11gn (Nexus Prime passing through FCC)
http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/08/g...ing-to-atandt/
Pisses on N9's 802.11an....

ICS leaks
http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/07/i...load-previews/

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-10-08 at 19:57.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
You do know that if I cannot get a reasonably priced N9, I'm hunting down a Nexus Prime, right? It destroys the specs on the N9. Hell, I might even chase down an Atrix 2 - non-pentile 4.1 inch qHD screen alone makes it worth it. I love watching movies on my Atrix as is.

Also looking at the WP7 HTC Titan - 4.6 inch Super LCD screen, love the size but I'd wish they'd up the damn resolution past WVGA.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
gerbick I'm with you. This is all getting a bit too much and at one point you have to ask if its worth it.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by hotnikkelz View Post
for those that underestimate and dislike Qualcomm. I'm looking at you mikecomputing

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4940/q...t-architecture
so what?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
You do know that if I cannot get a reasonably priced N9, I'm hunting down a Nexus Prime, right? It destroys the specs on the N9. Hell, I might even chase down an Atrix 2 - non-pentile 4.1 inch qHD screen alone makes it worth it. I love watching movies on my Atrix as is.

Also looking at the WP7 HTC Titan - 4.6 inch Super LCD screen, love the size but I'd wish they'd up the damn resolution past WVGA.
Curious What's the most you would be willing to spend for an n9 delivered to your door? Unlike you though i'm at the point where I refuse to buy and android,iphone, or whatever the hell microsoft does.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
gerbick I'm with you. This is all getting a bit too much and at one point you have to ask if its worth it.
And I'm with you both as well.

Yes, I want an N9, but, first, it's quite stupid to be involved in a struggle to buy anything. How can it be that someone needs to beg to a company to acquire a phone?

Also, I don't feel that people that already bought it, is positively surprised.

And yes, the price/specs don't seem a good cost/benefit ratio.

Are we close to a "N9: yes it sucks!" thread?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lsolano For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post

Don't support MS, they destroyed Maemo/Meego.
Well Nokia did most of that, but MS certainly played their part, right at the pivotal time.
Go crazy with the other options though....
I will get a WP device, but not until I've bought a new Android, N9, & maybe even the iP5. (actually IIRC it'll jump to 6 for reasons I forget, past naming?)

How's your Meckicko thing going? Still no 64GB showing up?
They're def. all over the place here @Oz, but it seems to be in small no's at each shop, at least anecdotally.
Apparently there's bigger batches coming etc...

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-10-08 at 20:16.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.
Originally Posted by lsolano View Post
Are we close to a "N9: yes it sucks!" thread?
I say we make one just to stir the pot.

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????