Active Topics

Notices

ubuntu 10.04

knots2 was working fine

i upgrade to vlc 1.1 using korn's ppa

knots2 using n900 profile stopped working
tried the new_vlc script as per wiki, didn't work

so downgraded to vlc 1.0.6 (ubuntu's package) and everything is fine again.

anybody with same problem?

Ukki, I'm getting an AVG warning about a file called "RemoteAdmin.BX" . Since that file has already ben mentioned in this thread, I was wondering if you had anything new to say about it. I have never had any problems with this file before today, and I've had Knots on the PC for several months now.

Has something changed with Knots? Also, has anyone else been getting similar warnings?

Hi,

Can you pause videos? I can't seem to find a pause button.

Is there are know problem of encoding using the x264 encoder? (for default n900 profile for example).

I get about half the screen (the top half) in very good quality. But from there on video quality gets really really bad (very blocky). The line between good and bad is not stable during play it always jumps up and down a little.

I tried to play around with the settings, but it didn't help. Does anyone else have that?

It's version Version : 20100607 of x264 lib. (As shipped in archlinux )

Originally Posted by Lake View Post
Hi,

Can you pause videos? I can't seem to find a pause button.
Thabks for bringing that up. I have been thinking about that for the longest time, but keep forgetting to ask about it. It really is terribly bothersome to have to stop and then restart just to answer the phone or make a cup of tea.

What would even be nicer is if the film would continue to stream while it was paused, thus guaranteeing the rest of the playback to be free from stuttering during bit-heavy periods of data transfer, as is sometimes the case.

Thanks again, Ukki, your program continues to look and perform better all the time, your work is much appreciated!

With my setup. knots2 gives only black screen on n900. on browser or vlc player i got the sound and picture transcoded. so the vlc can decode the xvid. it only dont want to encode the things for the 900. any suggestions ?

i have the sound. but no picture

For me the current Knots on the N900 from extras-devel (0.3.3) doesn't work with the current git build together with VLC 1.1 final on my Windows 7 x64 Ultimate system. It only shows a video with the "Browser" profile (which works obviously also in the desktop browser). Every other profile doesn't work and the browser profile doesn't support subtitles and I think the aspect ratio is wrong on the N900 then.
How can I fix this?
Thanks

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Ah poopers.

I lost all of my icons on both my internet site as well as in Knots 2.
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/9219/37540446.png

I swear, I didn't do anything. *lol*

It's not even a big deal since the program itself works wonderfully but is there some kind of cache or whatever that I can clear?

Also, I have all of my episodes labeled in order... like Movie - 01, Movie - 02, etc.

Instead of the directory showing them in order, it's showing all of them backwards, like last episode to the very first.

Is there any way to change the order of these?

Thanks ukki!

Hi everyone i really need some help, i've been trying to sort out this knots2 for my n900 for about 6hours now and for the life of me i can't find my Full path to VLC so am getting nothing but VLC Running: false in http://localhost:1978/ can someone please help before i pull out anymore of my hair lol

Ukki seems to be MIA - been a month since he visited the forums.

The biggest "problem" for me right now is that I can't get Knots to work with VLC 1.1+ versions - have any of you guys succeded?

Tags
knots, music, streaming, video