Originally Posted by Grazy View Post
I'm tempted but think i will hold tight! I'm sure it can't be long before its available! Don't really want to mess with it really!

Was quite annoyed to see Expansys UK selling the 64gb black for £555! maybe i should have waited! Might of had my ground to stand on if for example a scratch appeared!!

Asked Nokia UK about the warranty and they won't touch it if the part is not available in the UK! So will have to live with it!
Maybe you should remind them about their own EU-wide warranty policy:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/repa...epair/warranty

"However, if you have purchased the Product in a member state of the European Union, Iceland, Norway, Switzerland or Turkey and Nokia originally intended the Product for sale in one of these countries, this Limited Warranty is valid and enforceable in all of these above listed countries."

So warranty-wise the EU as a whole is treated as a single country and no matter in which member state of the EU (in this case Denmark) you bought the phone, they are forced to repair it in any other EU country (UK in this case).

Last edited by marrat; 2011-11-17 at 15:29.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
Originally Posted by marrat View Post
Maybe you should remind them about their own EU-wide warranty policy:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/repa...epair/warranty

"However, if you have purchased the Product in a member state of the European Union, Iceland, Norway, Switzerland or Turkey and Nokia originally intended the Product for sale in one of these countries, this Limited Warranty is valid and enforceable in all of these above listed countries."

So warranty-wise the EU as a whole is treated as a single country and no matter in which member state of the EU (in this case Denmark) you bought the phone, they are forced to repair it in any other EU country (UK in this case).
cool! thanks for this! i will keep going with it then! but your quote does say "Nokia originally intended the Product for sale in one of these countries" and as its not intended for the UK i have a feeling they may get me back on that one!

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
It doesnt matter if its intended for the UK, as long as it was intended for the country you bought it from, according to what Im reading there.

If you got it in Denmark and you live in a country within the EU, or Turkey, Norway, and those others, youre good to go. Warranty stands.

If you lived in Ethiopia and bought one from Denmark, youd not be entitled to it, since youre not in one of the countries listed there.

Also if you live in one of the coutries you listed there but got the device in China, youd also not have anything to stand on there.

Originally Posted by slai View Post
It doesnt matter if its intended for the UK, as long as it was intended for the country you bought it from, according to what Im reading there.

If you got it in Denmark, youre good to go. Warranty stands.
Yes, I also read it this way. It was intended for sale in Denmark ("originally intended the Product for sale in one of these countries") and you want to have warranty in the UK ("this Limited Warranty is valid and enforceable in all of these above listed countries." --> EU, that is, of which the UK is part).

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
Originally Posted by marrat View Post
Yes, I also read it this way. It was intended for sale in Denmark ("originally intended the Product for sale in one of these countries") and you want to have warranty in the UK ("this Limited Warranty is valid and enforceable in all of these above listed countries." --> EU, that is, of which the UK is part).
From what Nokia UK told me it is covered but only if i send it to Denmark and get in contact with them! which would mean shipping back over! not entirely sure i would want to do that! The scratch is not that bad! The only reason I'm annoyed was because i know i didn't do anything to cause it! I would hold my hands up if had done it! and we did spend nearly £600! on reflection thats a lot of money!!

Sorry - I guess this should be back in my scratch thread really!

thanks for all your help though i will be quoting that back to Nokia later in another email later!

Originally Posted by Grazy View Post
From what Nokia UK told me it is covered but only if i send it to Denmark and get in contact with them! which would mean shipping back over! not entirely sure i would want to do that! The scratch is not that bad! The only reason I'm annoyed was because i know i didn't do anything to cause it! I would hold my hands up if had done it! and we did spend nearly £600! on reflection thats a lot of money!!

Sorry - I guess this should be back in my scratch thread really!

thanks for all your help though i will be quoting that back to Nokia later in another email later!
If they still deny it, don't bother writing more e-mails. Directly contact their phone support line and if the support person at the phone is also denying you the warranty, let them forward you to their manager...

It's often the case that support guys don't have knowledge about all company policies. But that's also part due to many support lines not being operated by the companies themselves but being outsourced to other service companies...

Got a question... my Australian black n9 has finally been detected by NSU for the PR 1.1 update (yay!). I am now in the process of backing up my data.. does the update delete the backup file on the phone also??

Thanks

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by mnnm View Post
Got a question... my Australian black n9 has finally been detected by NSU for the PR 1.1 update (yay!). I am now in the process of backing up my data.. does the update delete the backup file on the phone also?
Update does not delete the files which lie in the /home/user/MyDocs/
So the answer is no. All your files, including the backup stored in /home/user/MyDocs/.backup/ will stay.
But it's recommended to copy it off your phone on to the PC just in case. You just never know. =P

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ chicago
Originally Posted by mnnm View Post
Got a question... my Australian black n9 has finally been detected by NSU for the PR 1.1 update (yay!). I am now in the process of backing up my data.. does the update delete the backup file on the phone also??

Thanks
What code version do you have 059XXXX, my Australian N9 hasn't got anything via the NSU.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by oldsoccer View Post
What code version do you have 059XXXX, my Australian N9 hasn't got anything via the NSU.

Thanks.
My product code is 059J241.