Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted by Xagoln View Post
i like Opera 11 a lot, even though my muscle memory regularly makes me close the whole browser and lose all my tabs when I only wanted to close one of them.

Thanks for porting it to the N900.

Does anybody know how to escape from a large textbox that has focus? There is nowhere to click onscreen to exit Opera's 'textbox input mode', so i am trapped and cannot continue to use the browser.

This happens regularly, especially on sites with large textboxes, like this one!
I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing, but I make my zoom level 150% and that has seemed to work well for all sites (including this one) when dealing with textboxes. I believe the default zoom is 175%.

On a seperate note, this latest update is pushing me closer to making Opera my browser of choice on the N900. The interface is simple yet highly functional, scrolling through long web pages is handled exquisitely, and many sites seem to load up much quicker. All this with not much of a hit on startup time (which is a massive turnoff with Mobile Firefox 4).

how can I to add a new language support?

I can get language file from opera mobile for Android and modified to adapt for maemo. but i don't know which option or setting file to make it effect~~

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
I love you opera!

The Following User Says Thank You to RogerTHAcctant For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I just sent bug report to http://www.facebook.com/help/contact...n_password_bug (could not find any better place) regarding redirection issue on Opera.

Looks like facebook has done something "intelligent" recently:

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?ui...58&post=143627

http://bit.ly/lzFKMO

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Okey this is just pure evilness. I canīt even login to desktop version of facebook.com with Opera. What kind of idiotic stuff this is on behalf of facebook? Moreover why I canīt choose right page (link in bottom) after they have miss directed me to mobile page.

I thought that Apps are dying and html5 pages (like touch.facebook.com) are future.

Originally Posted by Xagoln View Post
Does anybody know how to escape from a large textbox that has focus? There is nowhere to click onscreen to exit Opera's 'textbox input mode', so i am trapped and cannot continue to use the browser.

This happens regularly, especially on sites with large textboxes, like this one!
on N900 using Opera, when you are trapped in a large textbox eg writing something on this forum, swipe (from outside the screen) from left to right (on to screen). Zoom level icon will appear on the bottom left corner, click on it to zoom back out of the box

The Following User Says Thank You to niqbal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
still a line wrapping issue left when using maemo osk rather then opera osk.

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Berlin/Germany
hi,

if I press and hold an entry from the bookmarks window I can choose to open it an a new tab but please could the bookmarks window stay open so I can open more then one link from within the bookmarks window? Would make my life easier

And is there another way (with less clicks) to close the current tab then click on bottom right arrow, then click on the tabs-icon, then double click the close icon of the tab?
How about clicking bottom right arrow then the close icon in the upper right corner? This close icon could close the current tab until there is only one and only then closes the app!

If you are trapped in textbox close the keyboard, so the softboard will come up and you can press "Done". That will bring the zoom out button to the top.
Swype from the left also works, just make sure you swype over the left bottom button.

The Following User Says Thank You to uppercase For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
seems that at times going to a page ia a url shortener results in a blank page.

Tags
fast browser, opera