Closed Thread
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
I updated, the rotation still doesn't work with conversions and contacts, but it works with cute tube, and when my balance is displayed it will rotate. But now the blurless saturation has stopped working and yes I have checked the settings, rebooted and check they've saved. I'll just wait till the next update.
It's really too bad it didn't work for you... the latest patch IS sorta the one I was waiting for.. fixed everything including things like the unlock screen...

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
This is a dream which came true by the community .!!! Portrait for N900!!!! which NOKIA cannot provide us for 2 years ....

Kudos all who made this happen and spl thanks MAG.

This community ROCKS !!!!!! REALLY !!!!!

Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
video of latest portrait update

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omCgxErn8js
hmmm... realised that the live wallpaper does have some issues with the rotation eh....

doesn't consume more power with that wallpaper?

battery-eye shows significant drop in the battery levels even when it's idle...

hmmm... probably because of the unlock screen being rotated while the phone is in the pocket?

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by toxaris View Post
Dont know if its possible to implement.
But would it not be nice to Tab with doubletapping Sym/Ctrl on hardwarekeyboard?
Still catching up on the shitloads of posts here, BUT: There is absolutely no need to do this. The Ctrl/Sym key already works as a Ctrl/Sym key, and I think it's just find doing what it's doing. Making double press of anything = something else means implementing a bunch of checks to make sure you don't accidentally make two quick Ctrl+key combos register as a "Tab", or whatever. Like, "Ctrl+V" twice in a row getting registered as both two "pastes" and one "tab". There are plenty of keys you can remap, without the CSSU, to function as Tab, by editing the file at /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/nokia_vndr/rx-51.

See the wiki page on remapping the keyboard itself. I've been using FN+Enter as tab for ... like 6 months, and it works just fine. (Standard editing system files warnings apply, though if you follow the wiki directions it'll be fine.)

- Edit -

Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
`cat /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini | grep force | awk '{print $3}'`

I'm sure it's poll-able though. Ignore me.
Originally Posted by realsportcars View Post
My problem is related to custom themes that may uses custom transitions.ini files...but perhaps forcerotation can be defined only in that file

EDIT:read the post before mine to understand what I mean
/etc/hildon/theme/ always symlinks to the currently used theme, so you can use /etc/hildon/theme/transitions.ini first - so check if that file exists, then if it does, use:
`cat /etc/hildon/theme/transitions.ini | grep force | awk '{print $3}'`
and if not, use:
`cat /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini | grep force | awk '{print $3}'`

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-02-23 at 03:57. Reason: Answered realsportscar's question

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Chennai, India
Thanks for Everything..And yes..the 9 screens dont work even after updating it to the latest build..Kudos to the community..Loving it here...Nokia can ***..We have our community for us..Thanks again.

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Halifax
To The CSSU TEAM: Thank you so much, this is the christmas gift I never received . If there are any monetary needs I am willing to donate to future efforts as are many others I'm sure. Thanks once more.

Now that looks promising. This is breathing more life into the N900. I'm down to donate some of the money I had saved up for the N9 to supporting this project.

after update i install fastsms evo and then uninestall it but tracker indexer eat my cpu and drain battery

why ?

reboot

but no change
Attached Images

Last edited by maemo55; 2011-02-23 at 05:32.

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade