Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
afik if both data lines are low level this mean SE0 and ANY device peripheral or host ( even host ) can't use data channel.
if a peripheral is inserted into a host receptacle this is signaled by pulling d+ up so this differential "1" mean session can be started.
from peripheral POV those :R keep d- low for charger detection and d+ low for not initiate SRP because phy is MASTER on ulpi ( DIR signal is output on phy )
so all make sense

Last edited by blue_led; 2010-05-20 at 20:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to blue_led For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by blue_led View Post
afik if both data lines are low level this mean SE0 and ANY device peripheral or host ( even host ) can't use data channel.
It uses 15K Ohm resistors.

EDIT: at least it looks like.

The Following User Says Thank You to egoshin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by blue_led View Post
joerg you are partially wrong
Well, I think he's right. You cannot detect if a peripheral has been attached to the N900; you need to be in a "special" mode which forces the PHY to be powered, adequate pull up/downs, ....

It is theoretically feasible to be _always_ on this especial state, but I wonder about battery life...

Of course since you plan to use a self powered "docking station" you could use vbus sense for the task.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
Of course since you plan to use a self powered "docking station" you could use vbus sense for the task.
yes, this is my goal.
i want to differentiate attachment to pc or attacment to self powered charging capable docking station

even in manually activated host mode vbus sense can trigger without manual selection charging mode

some misunderstandings because my english knowledge is limited

The Following User Says Thank You to blue_led For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eryx View Post
Can we use WiMax usb modem with this host mode? madwifi drivers theoretically can be easy compiled for N900.
Once host mode is working properly, yes, USB data modems of all varieties should work fine. But madwifi would have nothing to do with this -- USB data modems show up as a tty which is talked to with a modified Hayes command set.

The use of madwifi (or other wifi drivers) would be with a USB wifi stick; among benefits over the N900's wifi are 802.11a/n 5GHz band, and packet injection for aircrack-in-a-pocket. This (aircrack stuff) was done by some people on the N8x0 after OTG arrived, search about for exact details...

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Ha!

I found why N900 on USB-to-PC has a constant frequency 500MHz while USB cable from PC (not fast charger) is connected -

../../../arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-rx51.c:156: omap_pm_set_min_mpu_freq(dev, set ? 500000000 : 0);

... and it is called while resuming power for USB to communicate with gadget.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to egoshin For This Useful Post:
maybe try using easy debian? its a hole different os and also when i go to folder media it has mmc1, mmc2, and usb folders in it (i donts know if that helps)

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Once host mode is working properly, yes, USB data modems of all varieties should work fine. But madwifi would have nothing to do with this -- USB data modems show up as a tty which is talked to with a modified Hayes command set.

The use of madwifi (or other wifi drivers) would be with a USB wifi stick; among benefits over the N900's wifi are 802.11a/n 5GHz band, and packet injection for aircrack-in-a-pocket. This (aircrack stuff) was done by some people on the N8x0 after OTG arrived, search about for exact details...
Sorry! I mean "madwimax" driver. I try this soon.

Last edited by eryx; 2010-05-21 at 07:52.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by BLIZZARD View Post
maybe try using easy debian? its a hole different os and also when i go to folder media it has mmc1, mmc2, and usb folders in it (i donts know if that helps)
Host mode should be OS independant.

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
http://mxr.maemo.org/fremantle/sourc...b_procfs.c#661

Code:
656         case 'H':
657                 if (mbase) {
658                         reg = musb_readb(mbase, MUSB_DEVCTL);
659                         reg |= MUSB_DEVCTL_HR;
660                         musb_writeb(mbase, MUSB_DEVCTL, reg);
661                         /* MUSB_HST_MODE( ((struct musb*)data) ); */
662                         /* WARNING("Host Mode\n"); */
663                 }
664                 break;

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following User Says Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
awesomeness in the works, boulevard of broken deals, host, i am the dealbreaker, inspector gadget lies, mobidapter is a scam, nokia fanbois, otg, over 9000, usb, usbcontrol