Posts: 13 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ India
Hi b0unc3, I sent you PM for my application audiobook reader in begineer catagory. Dont know if you received it or not. Please let me know if I need to send it again.

Originally Posted by kunal_the_one View Post
Hi b0unc3, I sent you PM for my application audiobook reader in begineer catagory. Dont know if you received it or not. Please let me know if I need to send it again.
Hi,
yes all the PMs have been received, I only need information for 'billiardos', that's all.

The Following User Says Thank You to b0unc3 For This Useful Post:
I'm searching for tbalogh the submitters of 'billiardos' but it looks like he is not registered (with this nick) in this forum.
zehjotkah, there is any way to get some information (mail?) about him directly from the website?

The Following User Says Thank You to b0unc3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Finally I've all the 9 informations I needed.
So now we need to quickly decide what to do with the extra n900.

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 371 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver, BC
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
I don't like the idea of deciding to give the spare N900 to a competition participant after the voting has finished and the results were published.
Sounds a bit like a weak excuse, seeing all the changes in prizes and voting that have happened since the end of the competition :-).

This said, as the 5th place in the Games category, I'd also vote to give the extra N900 (or the prize money that'd go to 5th if the N900 is awarded to 3rd place) to a good cause like Nemo.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
What about giving the spare N900 to the member participating with the most number of submissions in this competition?

Another reason why I think we should give it to the Nemo guys: the N900s are sponsored by the Qt project. Who is doing more for Qt than the Nemo project? They're providing a platform with the up-to-date Qt release.. Not even maemo is doing this, and Symbian is not getting Qt 5 afaik.
I'm not so sure if the Nemo project is this important for Qt. How much are they providing upstream?

But anyway, a other good reason to give it to the Nemo project: They need a working N900 to develop for Nemo. And hence there are no other new devices to buy out there they should get one even if it is only a backup.

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following User Says Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 55 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by helex View Post
What about giving the spare N900 to the member participating with the most number of submissions in this competition?
That's definitely an honorable achievement too

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by leon.anavi View Post
That's definitely an honorable achievement too
helex was speaking about himself...

Originally Posted by Slocan View Post
Sounds a bit like a weak excuse, seeing all the changes in prizes and voting that have happened since the end of the competition :-).
I meant since the release of the results. Yes, there were changes after the end of the submitting period. But there wasn't a single change after the results were published...

Originally Posted by Slocan View Post
This said, as the 5th place in the Games category, I'd also vote to give the extra N900 (or the prize money that'd go to 5th if the N900 is awarded to 3rd place) to a good cause like Nemo.
Thanks.

Also check this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HtzwswaN-k

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2011-12-15 at 09:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
helex was speaking about himself...

In my opinion it is still a great idea!

But if you check my post again, I would also vote to give the 10th device to the Nemo project. But only in case you wouldn't grasp my plan A.

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:

Tags
coding, community, competition, contest, development, intel, meego, meetmeego, nokia