Active Topics

Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
[dream]
if this is true (and i really hope that its true and he gets fired soon), then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POv-3yIPSWc

[/dream]
If it's true I think tmo should do their own agadoo video!
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

The Following User Says Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
question: is harmattan softfp or hardfp? I know meego is hardfp but harmattan is more maemo than meego isn't it?
Abbra
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=854
in response to the response to my Qn
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=852

*edit* my bad already answered :/

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Hmm. I must admit, the first excitement over the N9 has started to pass. It will arrive in September here, but I have started to get second thoughts.
as i've been following the n9 threads for quite a while now before and after announcement you haven't shown much excitement since first showing it. mostly you've been negative.

i'm wondering how the clever apps like swapping between 3g/gsm/dual and flashlight etc will be handled. will there be the ability to have them in the status bar/menu like before.

The Following User Says Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by smegheadz View Post
as i've been following the n9 threads for quite a while now before and after announcement you haven't shown much excitement since first showing it. mostly you've been negative.
Towards brainless hail MeeGo, kill Eflop creatures maybe, but as far as I can see I am among the very few here with a positive attitude towards Nokia and the hard change and sacrifices they are going through, even the N9. Must of you are just whining because MeeGo is dead.

Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Hmm. I must admit, the first excitement over the N9 has started to pass. It will arrive in September here, but I have started to get second thoughts. It is sexy and all, but rumours say Nokia will price it at the high end. I don't have any problems affording it, but I never purchase anything for more than my perceived value of the item is.

Objectively speaking, the value of the N9 is almost nothing when compared with the N900 (MeeGo is dead for Nokia, lack of HW keyboard and lack of OSS refinement). My perceived value is much more than zero, but in no way near that of a premium Android. Not that I want an Android, but the value of a twin core 4+ inch super amoled and millions of apps is afterall something substantial that cannot be ignored.

Besides, the Sea Ray is coming only a month, max two months after the N9. It has virtually identical looks, same sexiness, presumably/hopefully a U8500 dual core, and will most certainly be priced LOWER than the N9.
If you can get past WP7's messy tile screen and app list, then I say why not wait for the WP7 phone? WP7 already has many good apps and you can sleep a good sleep not worrying about non-support from NOK.

But sorry it's not for me, I never tried it in person, but my head aches everytime I see the tiles fighting with each other for my attention... IMO it's a better design concept on tablet/PC due to screen size.

The Following User Says Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Hungary, Szeged
It looks like the Nokia N9 isn’t going to be cheap, as the handset’s already been pegged with a whopping £599.99 price-tag.
no ****
it can't be...

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
I've tried to compile some little tidbits gathered from around the web about the not-so-well known parts of the N9. Hope you guys like it. This list is going to get real long after a few days/weeks I'm sure. =P

http://shootspeak.com/2011/06/24/nok...dbits-updates/

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ London
£599
This price is completely made up by company who posted it for pre-order. It has no reflection on the actual price other than it wont be more than that.

My guess is £499 pre-order, £450 once it hits the shelves.

Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
As it got a single-core soc I hope for €400 but more likely it'll be €500-600.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

I'll say 499 euros for 16GB and 569 euros for 64GB.

Those above are scientifically proven by diagrams... and stuff.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????