Active Topics

Notices

Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
I would like to add a new remote control in pierogi software, but I couldn't understand how to request a new file but I was thinking some of you got the ideea by now about how the software works and how to add a remote file by yourself.

I am missing my Benq GP1 projector remote control and being up in the ceiling it's a pain in the a*s to get a chair, turn it on, maybe change the input and much more...

http://www.costcentral.com/proddetai...6001/11268737/ here is the remote control I need, with the compatibility list. The closest to that list was the MP620 projector, and here is the LIRC file for that http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/benq/MP620

Can you help me do something about it?

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
What the hell??
Go to pierogi thread request there it will be added

didnt you go through the pierogi thread at least once?? If not search it and now its in active topics...

Copernicus is way too helpful
Reply here again i ill use the solder iron to rip of the ir port...

Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
What the hell??

didnt you go through the pierogi thread at least once?? If not search it and now its in active topics...

Copernicus is way too helpful
Reply here again i ill use the solder iron to rip of the ir port...
I wrote this because I want to do it myself, not to request it. Stop being rude. I made this post to ask if someone found the remote sources in pierogi software so I can implement by myself a remote. I want to do that because this is a weird projector and I would need lots of testing before.

That's how you like it? To be dependent on someone to do something for you? Too bad, I'm not that kind of person. Cheers!

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by TheoX View Post
I would like to add a new remote control in pierogi software, but I couldn't understand how to request a new file but I was thinking some of you got the ideea by now about how the software works and how to add a remote file by yourself.
Yeah, honestly, I built Pierogi originally as an experiment for myself -- I really never expected it to become, well, popular. (It isn't nearly as flashy as QtIrreco or any of the other IR apps out there.) So I've been entering and storing data in my own peculiar method. (Actually, I think my method is much less peculiar than the other methods out there, but that's just my opinion.)

So I still haven't come up with a way to read external keyset data in Pierogi. Honestly, I wanted to build Pierogi as an app that contained every keyset internally, anyway. (The problems with the QtIrreco website show what can happen with apps that are dependent on an external source of data...)

http://www.costcentral.com/proddetai...6001/11268737/ here is the remote control I need, with the compatibility list. The closest to that list was the MP620 projector, and here is the LIRC file for that http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/benq/MP620
I've got that LIRC file, and I've found five or six more BenQ projector config files on the hifi-remotes website, I'll get them into the next release of Pierogi.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Yeah, honestly, I built Pierogi originally as an experiment for myself -- I really never expected it to become, well, popular. (It isn't nearly as flashy as QtIrreco or any of the other IR apps out there.) So I've been entering and storing data in my own peculiar method. (Actually, I think my method is much less peculiar than the other methods out there, but that's just my opinion.)

So I still haven't come up with a way to read external keyset data in Pierogi. Honestly, I wanted to build Pierogi as an app that contained every keyset internally, anyway. (The problems with the QtIrreco website show what can happen with apps that are dependent on an external source of data...)

I've got that LIRC file, and I've found five or six more BenQ projector config files on the hifi-remotes website, I'll get them into the next release of Pierogi.
Thank you . And thank you for your wonderful explaining.

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
I am coming......wait

dozen a time requested feature that in on due...invoked by me on this series
go lurk around there the last couple of pages u will get it.
for now if you wana do that you need to look at the code find it add it thats it
for now copernicus is focussing on the database and clearing up the code to usable state. Then it will be feisable for that.

Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
What the hell??
Please don't attack users of Pierogi. I would like to have as many of them as possible; there's absolutely no way I could test all the possible IR-controlled devices out there myself.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
While I understand (and appreciate) will of doing it yourself, I still think that this discussion should be moved to main Pierogi's thread. Also, even if your projector is very niche, there is no reason to keep it outside main pierogi keyset database (putting aside fact, that currently, you need to code it into program itself). After all, why someone with same projector, should need to re-do same work, in, lets say, half of a year?

Cheers,
/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
My notebook have have IR receiver port, designed to be used with Dell remote (to control windows media player, or similar nonsense, and some windows keys). Maybe I could abuse it to grab some keysets?
Absolutely! If you're willing to take the time to capture some keysets, I would love to add them to Pierogi, and I'm sure the LIRC project would love to add new config files to their collection as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by quailstorm View Post
You can fully control the menu with vol+-, CH+-, and menu buttons. That's what you see merged on the upper RC.
So yes, the lower RC has a d-pad, but it's just a comfort feature, you can live without it.
Thanks! I wanted to be sure whether the d-pad controls were using separate commands or not. (Samsung, like many manufacturers, seems to waver between combining or separating the two sets of controls as time goes by.)

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control