Active Topics

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Deleting the kernel files and do a repo sync should be enough, give it a try, it would only download about 300megs or so if this works.

And please create a Gihub account and push your work there, it would make everythin much easier. And please use patches with git and do not modify all the files by hand.

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
CONFIG_BT_MSM_SLEEP=y
CONFIG_BT_HCIUART=y
CONFIG_BT_HCIUART_H4=y

These are the same in my kernel too, but probably (definitely) without the changes on those commits, these are not enough.

Tonight I will try to generate a new image. (Hopefully won't break something else that works.)
(I am not sure why the AD stopped working by the way.)

Edit: The AD issue is also kernel related! I flashed @mautz kernel on wip0.15 and AD works.

Edit2: A little fun I found in wip0.13. :-) If you tap on the bluetooth icon then reboot, after the phone starts, the bluetooth is acivated. If you now go to Settings/bluetooth and set the device visible and reboot again, after the phone starts, it can be found among the available bluetooth devices. Bluetooth doesn't work, but this behaviour is a little bit funny.

On wip0.15 with @mautz kernel, the bluetooth can be paired with another device.

Last edited by edp17; 2019-11-22 at 11:53.

Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Deleting the kernel files and do a repo sync should be enough, give it a try, it would only download about 300megs or so if this works.

And please create a Gihub account and push your work there, it would make everythin much easier. And please use patches with git and do not modify all the files by hand.
Thanks. That's how I refreshed my kernel once when I messed up badly. (As far as I remember the sync didn't work and needed to manually check out into kernel/lge/hammerhead)

Could you tell me how to create a flashable kernel, please? (In this situation would be easier to compile and flash a kernel rather that rebuild the whole image.) Thanks.

You unpack one of my custom kernels and replace the zImage-dtb file with the one from /hadk/out/target/product/hammerhead/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/arch/arm/boot/zImage-dtb

and replace the bhcmcd module in the modules folder with the one found here /hadk/out/target/product/hammerhead/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/drivers/net/wireless/bcmdhd/bcmdhd.ko

Also do a 'modinfo bcmdhd.ko | grep vermagic' on the file of your kernel. You need to edit the following file from my unpacked kernel META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary and change the /lib/modules/3.4.0-xxxxxx part in line 86 and 87 to the one you got from the modinfo command.

Make a new zip file and flash it, and it should work.

EDIT: If ywifi doesn't work with the new kernel this is related to the modules part. Ignore it, it will be solved when you build a new image. Bluetooth is not affected by the version string. Or you build the bcmdhd for testing not as a module, but then your passwords will not be stored, but since it is nly for testing....

Last edited by mautz; 2019-11-22 at 12:54.

Edit my last message.

You unpack one of my custom kernels and replace the zImage-dtb file with the one from /hadk/out/target/product/hammerhead/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/arch/arm/boot/zImage-dtb

and replace the bhcmcd module in the modules folder with the one found here /hadk/out/target/product/hammerhead/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/drivers/net/wireless/bcmdhd/bcmdhd.ko

Also do a 'modinfo bcmdhd.ko | grep vermagic' on the file of your kernel. You need to edit the following file from my unpacked kernel META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary and change the /lib/modules/3.4.0-xxxxxx part in line 86 and 87 to the one you got from the modinfo command.

Make a new zip file and flash it, and it should work.

EDIT: If ywifi doesn't work with the new kernel this is related to the modules part. Ignore it, it will be solved when you build a new image. Bluetooth is not affected by the version string. Or you build the bcmdhd for testing not as a module, but then your passwords will not be stored, but since it is nly for testing....
Thank you for the quick response!
I will try this at one point as doesn't looks too difficult.

I have another question.
Lets imagine that we solved all outstanding issues with this build and the OTA upgrade is also prepared and set up correctly in OBS or where ever it was necessary. In that case, in theory, can I upgrade my old 2.0.4.13 to this new version? (Both has the same CM12.1 base, kernel is also the same and the sailfish packages are compiled for those.)

This could work, but i would make a backup of your /home/nemo folder just in case somethig goes wrong.

This could work, but i would make a backup of your /home/nemo folder just in case somethig goes wrong.
Thanks for confirming.
I thought too but was not sure.
This is another reason to move forward to put everything into github and OBS.

Oh, no, i think this doesn't work, since you need to update to 2.2.0.29 then to 3.0.0.8 and at alst to 3.2. Depends on the build succes of these version on OBS.

Oh, no, i think this doesn't work, since you need to update to 2.2.0.29 then to 3.0.0.8 and at alst to 3.2. Depends on the build succes of these version on OBS.
Thank you. I was just wondering anyway. Do you know why we cannot skip those major versions? If we replace all packages on the system anyway this limitation doesn't make sense.
For the officially supported devices I can understand this for the unpleasant scenario when the upgrade fails and it needs to fall back to the prior stable version. But for us, on ported devices, if the upgrade fails and we cannot force it to complete, we have a broken os and need to reinstall the whole again anyway.

Last edited by edp17; 2019-11-22 at 14:25.

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid