Active Topics

Originally Posted by OVK View Post
The menu that opens when tapping Status Area:
http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/docs/...uidelines.html
I see. I assume this behaves similarly to the notifications tray in Android and the status bar in Maemo except for the fact that non native apps can't access it..

I was a little confused about the wording as some people use the term to mean something entirely different.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
The only way to know for sure that it's not just a Pentile AMOLED, is to get some direct comparisons going.
I'd be surprised if it wasn't as good or better overall than SAMOLED screens though.
As anecdotally some have even felt it's as good or better -in some ways- than SAMOLED+.
I have had it side by side with Omnia 7 (SMOLED) and SGS2 (SAMOLED+).
Nokia N9 has a brighter display than both when set to maximum brightness.
Nokia N9 is also noticeably easier to read tiny white text on web pages etc compared with Omnia 7.
It is just as good as the SAMOLED+ on the SGS2. In fact, due to the larger sized display, SGS2 looks more pixely.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Would've been nice if Nokia had shared the same kind of love for harmattan/meego devs
http://nokiagadgets.com/2011/10/11/f...ky-developers/

First Necessitas Qt app that works on Android, MeeGo and Symbian
http://nokiagadgets.com/2011/10/11/f...o-and-symbian/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sunny Woollahra
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
Your post made a lot of sense to me...

...all except the paragraph above, which - for three key reasons - seems to me to be many miles west of reality and accelerating:
  1. You won't get an N9 for <$300 for the same reason you won't be able to buy a new BMW M3 for $10,000.
  2. Despite your obvious reverence for the N900, you are already planning a future for yourself which involves WP7.
  3. Nokia don't announce worthwhile things any more.

Sorry
1: ~1/2 of list price? Possibly from a store employee that wants to sell the one Nokia gave them or they won as sales incentive.
2: WP? Hopefully N9 is still on sale or failing that WP8 isn't too far. I understand WP7 is the current iteration but hope that Nokia World unveils WP8. I have yet to use either, but have had few issues with Win7 (Desktop - aka Steam machine)
3: I hear you...

The Following User Says Thank You to rfa For This Useful Post:
to the gent who reported on the N9 being available in Malaysia, which city are you located in? And which store(s) was it available in?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
So apparently it is not possible to add anything to status menu in Harmattan: http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=4117

And I assume that status menu bar is also locked.

This is so totally ******ed design choice that I can't find any justification for this.
I've been silently lurking over at Meego.com - posted once recently (I know, I know) - and seeing this kind of stuff is counter each and everything said so far about what to expect.

I do have a slight beef though. Why would people wait so long to find these discoveries and publish them?

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Does "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" mean it hasn't shipped to the US yet?

Currently in the process of trying to secure one from Malaysia. I will keep interested parties abreast of the situation.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by phatman2600 View Post
Does "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" mean it hasn't shipped to the US yet?
You know what? I forgot to say. Usps sucks on tracking international shipments. I've woke up, turned on my computer before and checked usps website and it said that and then I go out to my front porch a few hours later and there it is. I'm guessing it's even worse after a holiday like the one we just had (columbus day).
Honestly I think they make no effort at all to track international packages.

Last edited by aironeous; 2011-10-12 at 03:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:
So we don't have an accurate measure to tell when we will get our phones? I wonder if they have left Denmark or if they are in customs.

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????