Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
You haven't downloaded the Maemo version then. The one I downloaded just had the SetupMobileMaps.deb file in there (that was the ZIP file - I didn't try the .exe).
the exe is the active

Originally Posted by LordJuanlo View Post
Sygic is asking me to go online every time I run the program. I ignore it and can navigate well, however after some time driving (10-15 minutes) it asks me again to go online. Again I can ingnore it, but It's pretty annoying.
I would really like to learn more about the above. Could someone from Sygic comment, please? Will the application really try to go online? That would be another shopstopper for me, as I would only use the application in other countries, so would never ever go online on 3G.

(I would also like to know if someone has managed to use Sygic with an external BT GPS, and if so, if there's still a lag issue.)

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
I would really like to learn more about the above. Could someone from Sygic comment, please? Will the application really try to go online? That would be another shopstopper for me, as I would only use the application in other countries, so would never ever go online on 3G.

(I would also like to know if someone has managed to use Sygic with an external BT GPS, and if so, if there's still a lag issue.)
not Sygic is trying to go online, but the N900
you can turn assisted GPS off in the preferences...
and yes, you can use a bluetooth GPS, but I don't know if it will have the lag, as I haven't the lag with the internal..

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Aha, of course. That's btw one of the reasons I disabled the built-in GPS the same day I got the N900. If it works with an external GPS (ie. a quality GPS, unlike the TI chip), then that could solve several problems at once. My Holux can be reprogrammed to update 5 times a second (instead of once), for example. And no need for any "assisted" GPS.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
So no one else has any problems with map lagging behind for 50-100m?
If you are the only one having this problem that means your CPU is doing something during the navigation....see if you have any applications running in the background updating info all the time....that`s where the problem lays.

Originally Posted by cubalibre View Post
I think is a problem of CPU loading during navigation. In fact analizing graphs from batterygraph, during usage the CPU float from 80% to 100%. And the battery lasts even if the phone is using car charger
Originally Posted by sophocha
If you are the only one having this problem that means your CPU is doing something during the navigation....see if you have any applications running in the background updating info all the time....that`s where the problem lays.
I have lag and only sygic running and the CPU is at least 80% load

Originally Posted by jakoleh View Post
Well no. You should change

Exec=/opt/sygic/Drive/Maemo/drive -cwd=/home/user/MyDocs/Drive/Maemo
Type=Application

To

Exec=/opt/sygic/Drive/Maemo/drive -cwd=/home/user/MyDocs/Drive/Maemo -rfull
Type=Application
I am very thankful for all of the information here as it seems to be answering all the questions I would have. My only downfall is that I have no idea which program to use to open the lines, how to find these lines or how to change them and save my changes?!

If someone could help me on these small point I can get rocking and rolling on my own tweeks.

Ta muchly!

Dan

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Originally Posted by Dastis View Post
I am very thankful for all of the information here as it seems to be answering all the questions I would have. My only downfall is that I have no idea which program to use to open the lines, how to find these lines or how to change them and save my changes?!

If someone could help me on these small point I can get rocking and rolling on my own tweeks.

Ta muchly!

Dan
Install leafpad. Then in x term type leafpad [filename] and it will go into edit mode where you can make the changes. Ensure that you navigate to the right directory where the file you are trying to edit exists first.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

The Following User Says Thank You to cardiff-blues For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jakoleh View Post
/usr/share/applications/hildon/sygic.desktop

You have to edit menu.ini. See few post earlier.
How do I find and change this line, in what program etc?!

Thanks

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ reading, uk
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
not Sygic is trying to go online, but the N900
you can turn assisted GPS off in the preferences...
and yes, you can use a bluetooth GPS, but I don't know if it will have the lag, as I haven't the lag with the internal..
where is the option to turn agps off ?

Tags
application, fremantle, gps, maemo, maemo 5, map, navigation, sygic, turn-by-turn